Dyson DC24 All-Floors Vacuum

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Dyson DC24 All-Floors Vacuum
$199.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

That’s a whole lot of suck, for not a lot of buck!

Every time Woot puts up a Dyson vacuum (which is a lot!) I feel obligated to share my experience, which is that my Dyson refurb (which was as good as new) was not really any better than any entry-level vacuum. In some ways (durability) it was better, and in some ways worse (usability, like the uber-crappy wand that requires the entire cord to be unraveled before using). Sure it had plenty of suction but any modern vacuum should have more than enough suction for 99% of our typical uses.

If you’re on a budget, there are plenty of vacuums that will provide great performance at a lower price including the Hoover Tempo Widepath, Bissell Cleanview, Hoover Platinum bagged, or Shark Navigator.

If you simply want the best consumer vacuum money can buy, get a Miele. They start at around $400 (yikes!) and go up from there, but they are the far superior vacuum if you can afford it and really do want the best.

I’ve done a detailed review of my Miele vs. my old Dyson, with video, if you are interested in learning more:

http://www.ultraconsumer.com/?p=7

holy wootballs! dyson.woot has returned from home.woot and is appearing on normal woot! i got the DC24 and it sucks a lot of stuff from the ground! especially my himalayan’s hair.

Previous Woot!

i got a 24 new. i have a small place and i know a lot of people complain about the length of the chord, but i <3 my dyson because it sucks so much in the good way

It’s a major holiday and they post vacuum cleaners?

This sucks.

The addition of the ball to a vacuum really helps for maneuverability and ease of use!

In for one!

This vacuum sucks. And my floors have never been cleaner!

The Dyson website has this model priced at $429.99, so if this is the exact model you want, it looks like a good deal.

happy thanksgiving, we be rolling on dyson mags!

It definitely does suck =)

Even a hand blender for mashed potatoes would be a nice deal for the occasion :-/

I have a DC25 that I love. From what I understand the DC24 has a shorter power cord and also a smaller canister. I think both those would be pretty annoying.

I was going to buy one of each color to show off my Lakers spirit, but I don’t think I’ll be able to this year. Sorry woot! It looks like you’ll have to blame the NBA for these lost sales.

I bought a DC17 refurb on Amazon last week knowing that if I could only wait w00t would have one soon…

Overstock Has one refurbished for 76 dollars more after shipping

Amazon has it new for $336.87

Yellow only though it would seem for both sites… They also have a boatload of great reviews!

I read somewhere that the rolling ball leaves fine scratches on wood floors and wears off the polish, is that true? I’m in the market for a good vacuum, and might buy the older Dyson model with no ball if the ball mechanism harms wood floors.

Aww man! You should have been at home.woot 2 days ago. I learned a lot about the pros and cons canister vacuums and it sounds like that would have been perfect for what you need.

Edit: And to answer your question (they are talking about the DC25 but it’s a ball vacuum too so I assume the same applies) The dyson ball WILL most likely scratch your hardwood floors
Just Ctrl+f “scratch” you will see