Dyson DC24 Blueprint Limited Edition

Watch out… Some carpet manufactures will void your carpet warranty if you use a Dyson to vacuum your carpet… Just something to look into.

I wish this edition was a lot more limited than it appears to be…

I did a bunch of research on this recently and the dc24 is the weakest of all the Dyson vacuums. It’s light-weight and small and as a trade off has half the suction power of a standard Dyson. Just be warned that you shouldn’t expect the same power as Dyson is normally advertised as having.
I have a German Shepard to clean hair up after and it is not rated well at all for pet owners with carpets.

http://www.dysonreviews.com/dyson-dc24-review/

Decent price, though not as good as some of the recent Target Clearance prices.

Amazon Reviews

Does this vacuum have the proper amount of suction?

f’g love my dyson brah!

Take it from us: if this DC24 was good enough to force us to bring the woot off back for another day, it’s good enough for you.

Got one last time. I have a Husky Malamute cross who constantly sheds and I usually buy $200 walmart specials for vacs and they fail and break in a couple weeks. Despite what some say, this vacuum is amazing. Dyson’s continue to be the only vacuum, and yes I have used all the other luxury brands as well, that will clean up after my pup and continue to work day after day.

That being said, this vacuum is way too tiny. I knew it was a miniature, but that’s being gracious. I have to empty the collection container at least twice per room. For a couple bucks more, I could have gotten a refurbed full size from dyson.com, and I wish I had as their refurbs have a nice warranty and a good reputation.

[QUOTE=Radar5, post:23, topic:276253]
I did a bunch of research on this recently and the dc24 is the weakest of all the Dyson vacuums. It’s light-weight and small and as a trade off has half the suction power of a standard Dyson. Just be warned that you shouldn’t expect the same power as Dyson is normally advertised as having.

I seem to recall that when it was up here the last time, that it didn’t work well on stairs either.

Like I wrote before, I have a Husky Malamute cross who sheds more than nearly any other breed. And she is currently blowing her coat right now. This thing picks up after her no problem. I see no problem with cleaning up after pets.

The problem really is how damn small this thing is. I have to empty the collection container at least twice per room, and our rooms are on the smaller side. It is a huge pain in the ass. But even though the size compromises some suction most likely, this thing can still handle a husky blowing her coat with ease.

why do the woot lights stop flashing sometimes???

will pet hair kill it ?

Totally false. Totally wrong. Somebody who doesn’t like Dyson started this rumor. It’s a myth and this guy is a tool.

Have to disagree here too. The attachment that is supposed to be used for chairs is absolute crap, that’s fore sure. But the vac itself is so light that you can just use the unit itself for stairs. And it does a mighty fine job if you don’t mind doing it that way.

I still don’t recommend this thing unless you have a tiny apartment, and likely no stairs anyways. Too small. Get a full size refurb from dyson.com for just a couple more bucks.

[QUOTE=z06rono]

Have to disagree here too. The attachment that is supposed to be used for chairs is absolute crap, that’s fore sure. But the vac itself is so light that you can just use the unit itself for stairs. And it does a mighty fine job if you don’t mind doing it that way.

I still don’t recommend this thing unless you have a tiny apartment, and likely no stairs anyways. Too small. Get a full size refurb from dyson.com for just a couple more bucks.

[QUOTE=z06rono]

The vacuum also only has half the path of other dysons, so half the power isn’t so bad. I have this vacuum and it works great, and is half as loud as my old vacuum. The cord could stand to be about 10 ft longer though. Other than that, it’s a great vacuum for the price.

found a half-decent writeup on Consumer Reports. List price is $400.
Best Vacuum Cleaner Reviews – Consumer Reports

It works well on bare floors, notsomuch on carpet.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago here at Woot. Funny story, they sent me two of them by mistake. They both had the same tracking number and the FedEx woman was very reluctant to give me both. She did and told me to make sure I was billed for both. But I wasn’t. I was only billed for one. Guess what I did… I e-mailed Woot, told them what happened, and they graciously sent me a return shipping label. I returned the extra one - now lets see if the cosmic karma fairies will bring warm wishes upon me. I guess if I don’t die, that means it worked out. We’ll see. I rarely do the right thing like that, but I needed to test karma. Sort of like Earl. What would you have done? Hmmmmm?

eff all that noise all these naysayers are yapping… THIS THING IS BANANAS!! It SUCKS royally! and by that it mean it WORKS.
My floors have never been so fresh and so clean… My carpet looks like brand new. My kitchen floor is doggy hair free. And I just saved a TON of money on my car insurance! THANKS GEI…uhh WOOT!