Dyson DC25 Upright Ball Vacuum

Refurbished froogle search

Folks that think Dyson makes a good vacuum also think Bose makes good speakers. :smiley:

Buy a Kirby and never need another vacuum!

My husband wooted this a few years ago. It’s a refurb and we LOVE it. Awesome price too - grab it!

Look on the main page. There’s a link to a SquareTrade warranty.

We went through a wide range of vacuums; none lasted a year and still worked well, though a few were really good at the outset. Finally saw a Dyson big Ball here for this same price a couple of years ago. Really couldn’t believe how well it works. Our 4400 sq ft house has hardwood and carpeted floors; does great on both. We have a black lab whose primary hobby is shedding, and two cats, all full time indoors. The Dyson will pull fur across the hardwood from about 2 feet — when the canister is packed so full that to empty it we have to help pull the dust and fur out with a long screwdriver. It also does a better job picking up Christmas tree needles than my Shop Vac. Makes vacuuming quicker. Wish I’d bought one of these when they first came out; compared to what I spent on lesser ones in the interim, I would have saved money and had a better device.

I nabbed this the last time it came up as a Woot offer. I love it. It maneuvers so easily, is not too heavy at all. The cord just about takes me all the way around my 890 square-foot apartment, plus the suction really is impressive. I’m no expert, but this is an awesome price for a highly-rated vacuum.

I also have one, my house keeper loves it, and I also paid a lot more for it.

Is it over priced? Probably.
Does it work well? Absolutely.

Pros: Most everything,the design and function are exceptional.

Cons: Expensive, it is a bit heavy to carry up and down stairs (I bought a second one for upstairs).

Kind of like a Ferrari, not the most practical money-wise but still very desirable.

I bought my Dyson Ball on Woot about a year and a half ago for $269 and I freakin LOVE it. It works so well and is so easy to use that it actually makes it fun to vacuum. I know, that’s so sad.

I bought the original ball model almost six years ago. It is light and a breeze to use and my friends who have tried my vacuum have since bought one (or put it on their wish list). I use it practically everyday. Dyson has fantastic customer as well. Even after my warranty expired they figured out what was going on with my vacuum over the phone. The problem was due to a design issue that they changed on future models and quickly sent replacement parts overnight FREE of charge. Later after five years the brush stopped rotating and I had it fixed. It was less than $50 for parts and labor. It has worked great ever since.

…that’s because the machine that cleans your carpets (steam-cleaned, I’ll assume) has only suction (to extract the moisture out of your rugs). It is not designed to pick up all of the particles deep down in the pile. So nearly ANY vac with a beater bar will actually remove more particles from deep within the carpet after steam cleaning.

Another myth busted…

Does anyone the difference between the DC24 and the DC25? I almost bought the DC24 a few days ago from overstock for the same price as this DC25. By the way the DC25 refurb from overstock has a rating of 4.8/5 with 97 reviews. Looks like I’ll probably be picking up the DC25 from woot.

Hubby and I have been through our fair share of vacuums. We got the DC 25 animal on Black Friday and it’s awesome. We have 5 cats, short and long hair, and have had no issues. We like the way the canister detaches to clean, very simple, and the roller ball makes it awesome for tighter spaces. Agree or disagree, whether you think your cheap vac makes you Vac-U-God or what, we love it and think it’s totally worth what we paid.

And I grew up with a Kirby.

the hoover platinum collection uh30010com vacuum is rated higher than the dyson on consumer report reviews

Agree with all the comments that say Dyson is overhyped. I’m plugging my own review again so you can understand more about why:

http://www.ultraconsumer.com/?p=7

Get a Miele if you need the best and have the cash, get something cheaper than a Dyson (e.g. Bissell/Hoover) if you don’t.

I love Dyson. My mom brought hers to vacuum out my apartment last time I moved and It picked up loads of stuff our old vacuum never did. It was actually gross to see how much was on the floor, but awesome that it picked it up.

I have a Dyson DC17, it’s amazing. Disturbing to see how much dirt I was living in that came up from my carpet. Could there be a better vacuum out there…maybe. But Dyson gets consistently good reviews for a reason, it isn’t commercials, it’s performance.

i was going to buy one, but now that it is detroyed from the bomb i guess i can not have it.

:frowning:

bought one from woot and have wood floors best woot for me almost takes the nails up

If you have wood floors, you shouldn’t be using a vacuum with a beater bar. Only use a vacuum with suction. The beater bar will destroy the finish on the floor.

You can turn the brushbar off.