Dyson DC35 Digital Multi Floor Cordless Vac

**Item: **Dyson DC35 Digital Multi Floor Cordless Vac
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Dyson DC35 Digital Multi Floor Cordless Vac)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Dyson DC35 Digital Multi Floor Cordless Vac)

[youtube=4_ga2Qy84ow][/youtube]

Good reviews on Overstock

Good reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) over at the O

Middle of the road reviews (3.4 out of 5.0) over at QVC.com

TONS of very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bedbathandbeyond.com

I bought one of these when it was a woot about 1 year ago, a refurb. It is literally my go to. I love love love it. I have the full size dyson as well. Honestly, there is nothing that works as well in my opinion.

The Apple of vacuum cleaner.

And look at what Apple is now :slight_smile:

$180 for a portable vacuum and refurbished no less

Could someone who has this model give me some info on how light it is? I want to get my Mom a new vacuum and she has arthritis and has a hard time with a normal vacuum. Would this be easier for her to manage?

Can’t tell if you are complaining or if you love Apple?

I checked out the description:
Weighing a mere 4.85 pounds and is cordless offering you greater freedom

Complete with the floor brush and extension tube this unit weighs 4lb. 15oz. My wife loves this vacuum.

We also have the older DC16 root. Comparing the head units of both sans any attachments the DC16 weighs 3lb. 4oz. vs. 2lb. 14oz. for the Digital Slim.

It will certainly be easier for your mom to operate but keep in mind the runtime is limited and while you might vacuum one room it will not do an entire floor. It’s more designed for spot cleaning, and the canister is small so frequent dumping will be required.

We have 5 Dysons in all - 3 floor and 2 handheld. I regularly blow out the canisters with compressed air from an large compressor. This blows out a cloud of fine dust that clings to the inner passages electrostatically. Simply dumping the canisters doesn’t clean the passages, and by cleaning them more fine dust will be able to stick. Alternately I would recommend cleaning the canisters out with water occasionally to the same effect.

Dyson customer service is exemplary. They have sent me a new Digital Slim floor brush due to a crack, and replaced the battery of the DC16 at no charge.

This is a great price for the utility of this vacuum. It works well, looks cool, and is a pleasure to use.

Looks like at the O, the one star reviews are due to the product at the O missing some part(s).

I’ll give you a hint, I’m not a fanboy of anything.

You ever wondered how Apple has made so MUCH money granted their stuff is pretty good, most consumers are gullible, it’s a herd mentality, if everyone else has it you must have it too.

Typical hipster comment.

This is the best handheld out there. Link me to another that you put up there with this one?

We got one of these for my mom, and it’s quite light. But unless Dyson has changed things, the ON switch is a trigger which must be held continuously in order to operate the unit. This might be hard on the hands…

One other feature/bug is that there is no position in which this unit can stand at rest. You must lay it down or lean it against something; it does not stand upright on its own. Just a little awkward sometimes.

Thank you for your comments, they helped. Just the weight alone isn’t going to tell me what I need to know. I think the trigger and not standing up on it’s own will be OK as I would wager she will be using it a lot as a spot cleaner on her flat burber carpet and hard floor. My sister is handicapped and makes a lot of random messes, dropped crumbs/food etc. and she really needs something she can grab quickly and just clean under the tray or by the breakfast bar. If she can do this it will save her from having to drag out the regular vacuum as often, just weekly or less instead of daily or multiple times a day. This looks like it might do the trick.

This is exactly what we use it for - on our tile floor under the dining table, the laundry room, and the bathrooms. It works well on carpet but again the limited runtime suits it best for spot cleaning. One advantage this has over our DC16 or other typical handhelds is the extension tube. You don’t have to bend down to floor level; you can vacuum upright. We had a Electrolux that was tall enough for upright cleaning but it was weak and was basically a handheld that you could mount in an electric broom frame. It took sucking figuratively.

I have never been one to “follow the herd”, but I know quality when I use it. Not sure about this Dyson, but I do own one of their upright “animal” vacuums. If you have carpet, do the comparison. Use a “normal” vacuum then the Dyson. You will be amazed. I was. Couple that with great customer service and warranty and you got me.
And no, I have never owned anything that has a i- in front of it. Don’t plan on it either unless they eventually make us get implants or something.