Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Vacuum

Love the concept of this vacuum… but 15 minutes of vacuum time vs. 3 hours of charging time? That’s ridiculous.

http://cdn2.hark.com/images/000/001/694/1694/original.jpg

I picked one of these up from woot last month. One of the attachment locks arrived broken. I gave dyson a call and they promptly shipped a new attachment out free of charge. Now everything is working very well but I’m a little worried about the durability of the attachment locking mechanism. The attachment locks are made of plastic and seem as though they could easily break again.

Pay $35 more and get brand new @ newegg? (has $60 promo card for Dysons)

3.5 hours to charge
10 minutes of use

sounds like a winner lol. Seriously? 10 minutes is laughable! they should allow the cord to pass through so that it will run when plugged in.

I’d rather just use my little shop vac with a cord. More power and unlimited use.

The supply of refurb Dysons is endless !

All the consumer reviews point to the Black and Deck 18v Vac as being the best in this category. It sells for 60 bucks. This might be why Dyson is trying to unload a flawed product.

I had a B&D 18v hand vac(PHV1800) and I loved it. Had it for several years but then the batteries would no longer hold a charge and they were not replaceable.

I keep wondering that myself. If these Dyson products are SO great (and SOOO expensive) why do I continue to see so many of them on sites like Woot being sold as refurbs? Do people buy them thinking that since they are so expensive, they must be the best vacuums?

Yet more refurbs at Wootadyson.com? This strains my belief system that there can be that many refurbs.

Had the same problem with a similar handheld-Dyson replace the broken part under warranty. Just don’t change parts-laways leave same piece on. That is what I do.

I bought a NEW DC34 at Bed Bath and Beyond for $140 after discounts. It has the same motor, watt rating, and battery as the heavier DC35. Even if you paid the full $199 price, it would be as good or better of a deal that a refurb DC35.

i got a referb model a few months back and it was in new condition. This isnt a supper duty vac for big jobs although would still work. I use it everyday sort of like preventive maintenance so things dont get out of hand. i vacuum the whole apartment in 15 min’s, 3 bed rooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom, hallway, and computer room. After all this it still has enough juice to do the stairs leading to my 2nd floor apartment. it takes me well over 15 mins to do the job not including stopping in between to prep each room to be vacuumed. There is a trigger not a on and off switch so you activate the motor when you need it to suck. i think some people complaining about batt life don’t get that concept. prep the area you need to vacuum first then it should take less than two minutes each room.

Dear Woot staff

Thank you for not mentioning genital envy or anything Freudian in your write up.

Gotta wonder why so many need refurbishing, and why would you want one?

I bought a DC33 from Woot (just a regular vacuum) and it’s ok, but I don’t see anything about it that makes it’s worth extra money (I only paid $199). It came with a clog in it so didn’t have any suction when I got it. I called and they did help me unclog. It works fine now, but I really don’t think it’s any better than my $99 bissell. I think people must get the Dysons home and figure they’re just not worth that kind of money. I feel ok having spent $199 on mine…but when it breaks I’ll probably just go pick up another $99 one.

This vacuum sucks.

I got one and can’t say it’s worth that much money for three minutes of run time. Works great when it works.

Thanks for the tip.