Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 2 Colors

**Item: **Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 2 Colors
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $19 One-Day OR $15 Two-Day
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Dyson DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 2 Colors)

[Search Google](Google DC35 Multi Floor Vacuum - 2 Colors)

Lot’s of comments for this when it was offered back in June

Pretty good reviews (4.4 out of 5.0) on the Blue model over at bestbuy.com

Solid reviews (4.2 out of 5.0) on the Purple model over at The O

spam bot fails again!

Gadget Review has a great review and gives it 4.5 / 5 stars.

EVERYBODY! This is my favorite vacuum ever! I have a cat with long hair. If you do too, I know your pain. Imagine yourself chasing your cat around and picking up fur anywhere cause it’s wireless.

Charges in the closet, on it’s docking station, where it is put away. All the parts hang next to it in a nice neat fashion.

The tube attachment is best for picking up kitty tumble weeds.

It’s strong and picks up the crap between wood panels.

No bag ever. Just press button and dump ‘kittens’ in the garbage.

I paid 300. 0_o

HAHA uhhhh… also after reading the specs on woot. I didn’t even know there were two power settings. I don’t think I’ve ever used max power feature before.

Agreed. I bought this on a previous Woot and it is by far our most-used cleaning tool. I was worried about battery life, but it cleans our whole downstairs on a charge. Love, love love this thing.

I think it’s attributable to chance rather than by design, but I love the way it looks like this Dyson is sucking up the comments &avatars from quality posts.

High fives, brhays!

Oh man my first quality post on woot! I shall commemorate this moment with this image of my cat Oscar and my vacuum.

It would be a good vacuum IF it had a one touch on/off switch. You have to continually depress the trigger while vacuuming. I bought one last November, and recently, the trigger has become less responsive. You have to squeeze the carp out of it now. It’s still theoretically under warranty, so I guess I’ll call customer service. Even when it worked, though, it was a drag to have to keep holding the button the whole time.

Oh, and the max setting will drain the battery in about 10 minutes.

I have not seen that exact model but I have a different model Dyson. I had some problems with the power switch also but I was able to fix it myself. I’m just guessing but based on how mine is put together, I would think that you have one of two problems: either the plastic parts are sticking (they do that once the surface finish wears off) or the electrical contacts have some oxidation on them. You may be able to fix your power button by spraying some silicone spray into the entire mechanism, which will correct the plastic sticking and not harm the electrical components. If that doesn’t work, you can try some spray electrical contact cleaner which they sell at hardware stores. I would probably do both, the contact cleaner first and the silicone spray second. Most likely that will fix your power button. Hope that helps.

I bought this back in June. It started shutting off intermittently after about a week. I’ve bought a lot of “refurbs” on Woot and this is the first problem I’ve had. To their credit, Dyson Customer Support was very responsive and shipped out a replacement motor which fixed the problem.

I also agree with the comment about having to hold the trigger. It really gets tiresome.

I find the biggest benefit of this vac is that because it’s cordless and handy I don’t hesitate to vacuum more often whereas before I would let the dirt and cat hair build up until the weekly pull-out of my much louder and heavier Kenmore canister vac and it’s clumsy cord.

Any comments, comparisons or experience with the DC44 Animal version?

We have 2 Golden Retrievers and could use something to pick up hair other than the corded vac.

Is there any reason to get the DC44 instead?

I have a lab, golden retriever, and two long hair cats. I run this Dyson, the purple one, every day when I get home from work. I use it mainly where the hair gathers around baseboards, furniture, and cabinets. This is on tile and hardwood. I do not recommend using this on carpet. Gotta pull out the full size Dyson every few days for that chore.

I love this thing too! I purchased one here with a slew of attachments. LAst time it was up for grabs on woot I emailed several friends and family because I thought they would benefit greatly from it, they thought I was a bit nuts for making such a big deal of it. I might grab another and gift it to prove my point or just hoard it myself, can’t decide. Anyway, why does one of the pictures show an upholstery dohicky attachment but there is mo mention of it in the package contents or in the package contents picture? It would be awesome to throw this in… Woot?

[MOD: That attachment is not included. We’ve removed the photo. Sorry for the confusion.]

I say it everytime this comes up. That is an awful lot of money for a glorified dust buster.

You folks seem to love the thing though.

That is my issue.

We have tried 6 vacs and found none that met all needs. We need a quick pick up vac. We have had a few dust busters and they just don’t deliver the power and durability. Ugh. It is a lot for a handheld…

Good cordless vacuum BUT not over $100 better than comparable competitors. $69 Lithium-Ion model by B&D gets 4.4 star rating on Amazon with almost 300 reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-CHV1410L-14-4-Volt-Lithium/dp/B006LXOJC0