Dyson DC39 Ball Canister Vacuum

**Item: **Dyson DC39 Ball Canister Vacuum
Price: $199.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Dyson DC39 Ball Canister Vacuum)

[Search Google](Google DC39 Ball Canister Vacuum)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/31/2013 - $199.99 - 12 comment(s)
7/17/2013 - $229.99 (Woot-off) - 29 comment(s)
7/12/2013 - $229.99 - 10 comment(s)
6/19/2013 - $229.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)
5/22/2013 - $249.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)

9/27/2013 - $199.99 (Woot Plus)
6/10/2013 - $250.00 (Woot Plus)
5/2/2013 - $300.00 (Woot Plus)

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) over at bestbuy.com
[youtube=4W8rX3N78is][/youtube]

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the purple model over at The O

Very good reviews (4.5 out of 5.0) on the yellow model over at bedbathandbeyond.com

LOVE my Dyson canister vac - it’s several years old now but does an amazing job. I have 2 Persian cats so a good vacuum is important to this clean freak!!!

Woot had these on about a month ago for $179.00. I wanted to try one before buying, they were sold out by the time if finally tried one of these. Does anyone who remembers that deal know if there is a difference between this sale and the one for $179.00?

I believe that was for the DC26 canister. Here’s one comparison of the two.. There are others out there as well.

Anyone know if the purple will come with the animal cleaning head?

LOVE/HATE this vacuum! It is amazing on hard surfaces. The maneuverability is as great as you would hope for. It has difficulty picking up large things like a stray piece of dog food. But it gets into corners and under things really well. You will have NO complaints on hard surfaces. However, it does a decent job on carpets. It will generally not pick up things like a piece of thread. It is nearly impossible to use on really flat rugs as it just gets stuck. Emptying the vacuum is dirty and makes a mess. I think if you empty it really often (as in 3 times while cleaning a 3000 sq ft house) the debris might fall out into your garbage. However if you do it once or twice you literally have to pull the debris out with your hands… that’s pretty unpleasant! The ease of pushing a button on the handle to switch the beaters on to go from hard to carpeted surfaces is extremely convenient. The pros: maneuverability, ease of switching surfaces. The cons: using on carpets, emptying canister. As frustrated as I get at times, I would still buy this again for the ease of use on hard surfaces. I paid $440 (on sale!) at Sears so I would jump at the chance to pay $200!

I purchased this vaccum at Sears and it only came with two small attachments. It did not come with the animal cleaning attachment.

How long is the hose?

Please never stop selling these Woot! One of these days I am gonna get me a Dyson. I dream of that day…

What a coincidence! I just broke my last canister vacume last week, and I was revewing the DC39, but did not have the heart to lay down $500, since my last vacume was $350. Thanks to woot, I know am getting what I want at $200! What timing :slight_smile:

Can anyone comment on the quality of reconditioning through Woot? Are these beat up returns? Has anyone experienced issues with their refurbed items in the past?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Woot does not refurbish any product. These are factory reconditioned.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

No, these are not the Animal version. They do not come with that extra attachment.

I bought it few Woots ago and can’t say enough good things about it. Super powerful, fairly light and gets the job done. You can buy various attachments on Dyson’s eBay store for fairly short change (compared to retail) and get a Swiss knife equivalent in a vacuum form. Top notch product in my book, and yeah, even though it’s a refurb, it looked absolutely brand spanking new.

I don’t know how this item got such great reviews. It works great on hard floors but does not work very well on carpet. The suction is awesome but the head has a hard time on carpet. I do not recommend this for anyone who wants to use it on carpet.

What tools does this come with?