Dyson DC41 Upright Ball Vacuum

Hi,
Got my wife one for christmas (per her request) since we have 2 rather large labs which shed unbelievable amounts of hair.

I found mime on ebay for $329, minus a 20% coupon code, which made it $264. I believe the “woot” warranty is 6 mos on a refurb, but through this ebay store (which is an authorized reseller), I got a 3 year warranty for no additional cost.

Now for the review… I gave it to her a few days before xmas and from the moment it came out of the box, she loved it. Now, I don’t vacuum very often, but that thing glides across the carpet like nothing I’ve ever used. Very east to push and turn and picks up incredibly well. My only complaint is that the canister has to be emptied often. Other than that I would give it 4.5 stars. Couldn’t be happier with the purchase.

Yes, I would think so, if your warranty is only 180 days.

This model looks like the DC41 Animal but doesn’t state that it is the Animal version. Does anyone know if it is the Animal version?

Will this suck up the 10 inches of snow outside right now?

Is this the same as the DC41 animal?

The difference between the regular and Animal Dysons is the Mini turbine head that is included.

This is purple like the Animal but does not include that Mini turbine head.

Looking at the accessories photo, I don’t see a flexible tube for doing carpet on stairway. Am I missing something?

thank you!

It’s in the middle of the parts photo. Look at this parts photo from Dyson and I think you’ll recognize it.

Dyson hides their hoses on the wand of the vacuum when not in use.

do you have to put together

I bought this near full-price at a BBig Unnamed Store and I say jump on this deal! This is a great vacuum, especially if you have pets. I had purchased a Hoover “pet” vacuum that broke down after just a few uses, decided to go Dyson. This machine comes in and pulls up hair I didn’t even see…from a cat we didn’t have anymore (moved away with daughter). That cat is orange/white, mine is black, that’s how I know. On-board tools are very handy! Go fur it!

We love our Dyson. Had it for almost 10 years now and it still going strong.

I have a question for you wooters, did the BOC stopped? I have not seen one in ages.

I too have had a Dyson for a few years, though not nearly as long as you. Nothing but good things to say about it - can’t speak for the current price, but the product itself is high quality.

Just to confirm… this does not include the mini turbine head attachment?

According to TT earlier:
"This is purple like the Animal but does not include that Mini turbine head. "

the mini turbine head attachment can be purchased at dyson and such place that carry their accessories for 69.95.

It is mini so not sure what the real benefit of it would be except for furniture. and even then… that much ??

My folks bought a vacuum from a pushy Kirby salesman back in the '60s. It probably cost 3 house payments, but it’s built like a tank and as far as I know it’s still going strong. Can Dyson match that?

Looks like a lot of purchases in Washington DC area. There is already a giant sucking sound coming from there. That place could certainly use a good cleaning…

Bought the same model new from Big River in April 2012 for Mother’s Day gift for my wife. (Hey, it’s what she asked for and for $483 including shipping, I wasn’t arguing!) Our 4 year old Hoover Wind Tunnel ran to the basement and hasn’t been seen since we unboxed the Dyson!

Other than WOW, there isn’t much else necessary to be said. Easy on the arms/shoulders compared to any other vacuum we’ve had and cleans better by far. I actually vacuumed one room repeatedly with the Hoover until I wasn’t pulling anything else up. I then ran the Dyson in the same room and was as shocked at what it pulled up as we were when we first got the Hoover. Granted, the Hoover had a few miles after 4 years, but WOW!

We have three dogs (one is a Golden in permanent-shed mode…) and three kids with all the accompanying dust and dirt required to have them…

As for emptying, it’s as simple as holding the canister over a trash receptacle and pushing a single button to release the bottom of the canister to swing open. A light shake and everything falls into the receptacle without having to touch a thing.

How often it needs to be emptied would depend on how dirty your floors are and how much you want to let the dirt build up in the canister. I empty it every time I use it. My wife empties it every 2-3 times. As usually happens when most people buy a highly efficient vacuum cleaner, it will take awhile to “catch-up” on cleaning the old settled-in dust and dirt from carpets after years of using lesser devices. Given a little time, you may notice less dirt to empty after each use.

There may be better vacuums out there (I haven’t tried a better one, but this is said as a nod of respect to those that have…) but I have to ask just how good a vacuum needs to be?! This one fit the bill for us…

No, their salespeople are much less pushy and not as old yet, and houses haven’t been that cheap in years.

Seriously, my dyson has felt a little delicate since the day I bought it … over six years ago. There isn’t a lot of metal so it’s never going to become a structural component of a McGyvered bicycle, and it probably won’t put up with abuse (ie, “falling” down stairs, etc). However, the motors and hoses seem to last pretty well.