Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Blue

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/765d9dea-3feb-4394-adaf-8ad893302f11.jpg

Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Blue
Price: $209.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, May 05 to Tuesday, May 06) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Blue) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Dyson DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Blue) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Dyson - Google Shopping DC44 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner - Blue)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
3/18/2014 - $219.99 (Woot-off) - 6 comment(s)
3/17/2014 - $219.99 (Woot-off) - 2 comment(s)
2/19/2014 - $229.99 (Woot-off) - 1 comment(s)

4/4/2014 - $219.99 (Woot Plus)
3/6/2014 - $219.99 (Woot Plus)
2/10/2014 - $229.99 (Woot Plus)

Product Page
Good reviews from BestBuy

TONS of very good reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at bedbathandbeyond.com and check out this review over at gizmodo
[youtube=Ku6AzOUKleA][/youtube]

I picked one up from Woot before and love it on my laminate and rugs! My Pug sheds year round and this lets me almost keep up.

Just got another for a gift.

Battery is new or whatever state it was from previous buyer?

Btw what is the difference between this one and DC44 MK2 sold everywhere as new?

I am a Dyson product junkie and this is my favorite Dyson floor vac! Not to be confused with a vacuum cleaner for rugs and carpet though; I use this on all the floors in my house and the sisal rug in my kitchen. I switch attachments and vacuum dog beds and furniture, switch attachments again for dust in ceiling corners, under radiators… remove the long arm and it’s the strongest handheld “dustbuster” ever! But my fave thing to do with it? Suck up mosquitoes and stink bugs! I have purchased two refurbs from Woot! (home and work – hair salon) and had zero issues. Buying one now as a wedding gift – I hope a refurb doesn’t offend them, because they would never otherwise get a $200 prezzie – but I love it that much!

How does the charging hold up? I used to love Dustbusters but those batteries would die and you could use it for like, 3 minutes and then it would need 24 hours of charging. I wouldn’t expect Dyson to let us down on the basics, but I just have to ask. Very tempted by this - I think the one flaw in a large Dyson is that the wand is rather difficult to use.

1. Only a 6 month warranty? What does one do when the battery goes bad - are there replacements available or do you just junk the whole unit?
  2. Like one other poster, are batteries new or used in these units from Woot?

I can’t speak for the DC44, but I recently paid an absurd amount of money for the DC59, and that thing is a monster, It’s ridiculously better than my Hoover Linx (granted, it cost 4X as much). I hear a lot of people complaining ab out having to hold the trigger. I don’t know how hard is is to do this on other models, but unless you have some physical disability, it’s supremely easy to hold the trigger on the DC59, and therefore an excellent design choice to save battery power.

I bought the same model on Amazon awhile ago. I love it, although I will say the “factory” refurb isn’t comparable to an Apple refurb or something. No parts that aren’t broken will be replaced and mine looked pretty worn. All the clear acrylic parts were scratched up. Like someone used it for a year and brought it back to Costco. But it works amazingly well, you’ll grab it every time you see something that looks like it needs vacuuming because it’s so easy to work with.

Actually read amazon reviews on same refurb model, it highly depends on luck how used your buy will be, but some people mention they got vacuums with dirt/hair/debris inside, which makes me doubt the advertised dyson refurb process where every vacuum taken apart, tested and cleaned. Considering you might need a new battery $70 and warranty is only 6 month instead full 2 year, this is not a great deal when brand new was $300 on black friday. I guess I’ll wait for a discount on a new dyson.

DC59 is completely redesigned model, including new motor, filter, battery and small things such as notorious power button.

$297.99 brand new over at Costco with more attachments until the end of the month: http://www.costco.com/Dyson-DC44-Animal-Plus-Dyson-Digital-Slim™.product.100070052.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=dc44&langId=-1&storeId=10301

Batteries are all over ebay in the $30-40 range.

Dyson refurbs can be found nearly everywhere online but, even though this seems to be a pretty good deal, I can’t get past the 20 minute run time (http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/cordless/dc44/dc44-animal). IMHO, that makes this a very expensive dust buster.

More than half of the floors in my home are hard surface (wood or saltillo tile) and, having a small “herd” of cats, I can easily spend more that 20 minutes sucking up hair bunnies in any one room. Depending on the time it takes to recharge, that could make vacuuming a daily chore. I think I will continue to hold on to my ancient Cyclonic torpedo with the 30 foot cord (just for those hard floors) and do something else the rest of the week.

Amazing power. Only negative is having to hold the trigger. Great for picking up dog hair and cat hair.

Man I can’t believe woot is charging sales tax now. I just bought the New Balance shoes that were up here on woot this past week and was charged sales tax. I let it slide because it was around 4 dollars and I then thought that it would be shipped from somewhere within my state to me which would get here faster. No, that did not happen, I have to wait a week for the shoes to travel from Indiana. Why am I being charged sales tax for an item that is coming to me from a state that I do not reside in?

$17 in sales tax for this vacuum is a deal breaker. Looks like I will be purchasing less and less from woot in the future.

As of May 1, 2014, Woot is required to collect sales tax for orders shipped to AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IN, KS, KY, MA, NC, NJ, NV, NY, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, and WV.

I just bought the DC35 a couple weeks ago on here. The refurb looks like brand new even the clear plastic. They do however say you may get ones that are hazy. The battery life is just fine! I have a 1200 sqft house with a labrador. I have started to use this thing almost every day. LOVE IT! Do not expect it to do regular carpet though. Short pile carpet is fine, door mats, etc. My house is 80% ceramic tile. So it’s perfect.

I bought this from Amazon …also refurbished…and paid $249.99 plus tax!! So I would say this is an excellent deal!! Love this sweeper!! Battery is great!! No cord to bother with and no heavy vacuum to lug around! It operates as easily as a swivel sweeper but with wonderful vacuum strength!! So much fun to pop open the dirt collecter and dump loads of dust and dirt!! My favorite part is NO FILTER! Recommend this!!!