Dyson Pure Cool Link WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier and Fan

I would love someone to tech-splain to me, why I would want a wi-fi enabled fan.

I believe this model is compatible with Alexa, Google Home, Nest, etc. It’ll be a great addition to a smart home! If you have Alexa and the fan is all the way at the other side of the room (our room light is all the way at the other side of the entrance door, so we got a smart plug for it), then you can just tell Alexa to turn the fan on for you. I guess a smart home is sooo awesome for lazy people like me, but it also makes you do more important things other than turn the fan on.

However, if you don’t have Alexa, I suggest you download the Dyson Link app. This model monitors and reports air quality. It probably has a timer too, but I’m not sure.

I don’t own the product nor have the Dyson link app installed on my phone. All I can say is, I’m a recent convert to a “smart home” (well I live in an apartment but have purchased smart plugs for lamp lights and have the Nanoleaf Light Panels w/ Rhythm).

Hope this helps!

I think there are two reasons - 1 if you have it across the room and you don’t want to get up to change the fan or turn it on/off, or 2 if you have left the room and left the fan on by mistake and you don’t want to to back to that room to turn it on. I think also the app-enabled feature regarding allergens filtered is attractive.

Just a way for Dyson to try to justify there insanely high price for a fan.