Dyson UP14 Cinetic Big Ball Animal Vac

Can you explain what Factory reconditioned actually means?

[youtube=NPTzNJMd19A][/youtube]

Could he swear anymore in that video…

It’s reconditioned by Dyson or someone they designate to do the work to their specifications.

or

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

I got this one refurbished from Woot three weeks ago to replace a 5 year old Dyson Animal. All components appeared new and unused. Suction is great and works good on medium pile carpet.
Cons:

1. It’s large and challenging to change directions compared to smaller animal model
  2. Has a problem staying upright when it’s set in that position (I have a feeling this is why it was returned and became a refurb item
  3. Wheels were squeaking when pushed forward. Fixed this by lubricating the wheels
    This is not a good solution for hardwood or tile vacuuming. Strictly a heavy duty carpet vacuum.

Thanks for the comment about hard wood floors. I’m looking for something to quickly get the dog hair and such off the wood floors.

Probably. Lots of these “tool guy” videos have naughty words. They think it makes them relatable to their target audience.

“I’d be happy with this at 150 bucks.” (might be referring to Canadian dollars, though)

So, woot price is pretty close to this bloke’s price point.

What makes it bad for hardwood?

This will be my 3rd Dyson. It will replace one that is at least 13 years old. I have no issues with any of the vacs on wood floors. The biggest issue, is that you must make sure that the filters are clean, and avoid using those powdered room/rug deodorizers; they tend to clog things up. I think this is a great price, and most of the other brand names don’t seem to last long.

In my experience, it doesn’t pick everything off a hard surface like I think it should. My old Dyson animal did a better job on hard surfaces than this one. So, in my opinion, I wouldn’t specifically recommend it for those surfaces. This of course is based on my personal use of this product in my house. ;L)