Dyson V6 Animal Purple

I have a hairy dog that sheds 24/7, 2 long-haired cats and one short-haired cat. This vac has never failed me, I have owned it for several years. Easy to clean, comes apart easily…wash by hand in soapy water, let dry. :slight_smile:

That works, or bend a wire coat hanger into a little hook.

Did you buy the refurb or brand new?

I have this exact unit purchased a couple of years ago. Battery life and the trigger grip are my biggest complaints. The battery life will shorten over time and you pretty much have to use it in turbo mode for it to do a decent job, so that shortens the battery life even more. I find I get 6-8 minutes out of it typically. The trigger has always been finicky. You have to hold it extremely tightly and even then it sometimes goes off and you have to re-squeeze it to get it going again. With that said this has been a great spot cleaning vacuum for us and is good for giving a quick sweep before company comes over. Just don’t expect to do whole-house cleaning with this for any dwelling of realistic size. I find it does have good suction overall, but don’t expect miracles.

Not sure what all of the differences are, but one of the side deals is a Dyson V6 slim from Walmart that looks very similar to this without the crevice tool/brush. It is selling NEW for $199. Others can comment on the other differences, but I’d wager they are slight aside from some cosmetics. Something to keep in mind here is the battery. I don’t know that a refurb is going to have a new battery…

I think they come from the factory as refurbs. I don’t think there is such a thing as a new Dyson.

I have same complaint with mine; and use a plastic chopstick in a circular motion to release the stuck contents (mostly dog hair, around here)

The reason for vacuum stopping is DUST!!!

I have this exact vacuum and the filter has to be cleaned every week if not more often. I have to keep pushing the trigger because it stops. I’ve had both parts on unit replaced and it still kept stopping.

It does not do well w/dust. I live in AZ where there is a lot of dust and vacuum up cat litter. I have brought it into the Dyson store 3x and the last guy finally told me it’s a problem w/this vacuum and to clean the filter at least 1x a wk. I use my Dyson upright hose to clean the filter and to suck the dust from the unit.

It has really good suction but this problem is a major pain. I don’t know if the newer models have this problem but I would think they do because the design has not changed.
I hope this helps.

I have the exact same problem and it is dust and the filter. See my post.

It was refurbished in brown box that I expected however I expected it to work. I am a little gun shy dealing with woot as they sold me a dryer for 49$ and a foreign plug I couldn’t use. They would not take back.

In the Box:

(1) Dyson V6 Animal Purple
(1) Mini Motorized Tool
(1) Mini Soft Dusting Brush
(1) Docking Station
(1) Combination Accessory Tool
(1) Crevice Tool

Where does that say “Comes as shown”?