Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum

Dyson V7 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum

1 Like

V7 Animal w/ a bonus tool (choices includes motorhead) was on sale for $199.99 directly from Dyson on 10/22, prior to that the Dyson V7 Fluffy kit was on sale for $199 directly from Dyson on 10/18. As for refurbish models like this one, the V7 Motorhead refurb was available from Rakuten on 7/28 for $155 and on 4/30 it was available from New Egg also for $155.

So regardless of what you’re looking for, this is higher than normal sale price on a refurb motorhead and for an extra $20-$30 you can get it brand new directly from the manufacturer.

I suggest passing and picking up a better deal.

11 Likes

I agree, this refurb is not a good deal. I bought V7 HEPA new + bonus tools for $189 yesterday directly from Dyson.

1 Like

I saw this price and went to dyson to compare. Brand new was $190 and I bought the upgraded animal model for $200 shipped and got $75 free attachments.

1 Like

That’s the sad part about Woot. You didn’t used to have to research their prices so much. Now-a-days they have more non-deals than actual deals. Can’t just assume it’s a good price. It’s like the Amazon Deals section; full of a bunch of shilled deals with above sale prices.

Remember when woot was really one deal per day, Rock bottom price and when it was sold out, it was gone and you had to wait for the next day to see what the next item was? Amazon bought woot and said they wanted it to be like a shopping mall in the sky. Mostly it’s a rotation of the same stuff spread across their eight sites and sub groups. The prices aren’t great either.

1 Like

The Amazon staff here like to pretend the making a meme out of this is the way to handle the criticism rather than looking at the fact that they have lifelong users who don’t like what they’re doing.

I highly suggest converting over to SlickDeals. Tons of shills there too, but the user feedback goes a long way if you’re willing to do research. Any WOOT deals worth looking at get posted there anyway.

I also love the “we have our own buyers” yet there is a very strong correlation between Amazon’s sales and Woot’s sales. Woot typically wins but Amazon has beaten Woot pricing plenty of times. Typically Woot will fix it, meaning they have a lot of wiggle room they are choosing not to use since people are buying at higher prices anyway.

All we can do is educate the masses and hope they stop throwing their money away.

I started using Woot around 2005 - 2006, I believe they launched in 2004. I think my account date is 2008, but I could be wrong.

The other day they posted a Mighty Morphing Power Ranger toy for over $150… after I commented they changed the price to $25. That is woot in a nutshell.

2006 for me. I remember staying up every night in a row for as long as a woot off lasted. I remember when ppl got major expensive stuff in BoC but now I hear it is just a box of random stuff that they can’t sell.

I will check out SlickDeals. thanks!

1 Like