Dyson - Your Choice

I don’t really have a dog in this hunt, but among the complaints on a legit site was the dumbest one I have ever read:

“the customer service has been absolutely atrocious! I ordered my vacuum on December 25th with expedited shipping. …5 days later my vacuum still has not shipped even though the website said it would process and ship my order within 2 days.”

They ordered it (from Dyson) on Christmas Day and expected a company fully staffed and open??? Some folks have no common sense.

The V6 Absolute stick vac is much more powerful. The Absolute is the second most powerful stick vac in the Dyson line up (next to the newly-released V8 Absolute)

I bought one of the hand held models four years ago. Worked great until our 5 year old decided to use it as a shop vac and sucked up a sink full of water. Still…didn’t work too bad after that. Then a year or so later, somebody dropped it on hard tile and cracked part of the housing which doesn’t allow the battery to make a good connection to the motor. Still works with some creative duck taping. However, just ordered another one.

Oh…we also have two Dyson uprights so I guess we have four now. And…we also have three of the Neato robots. Ah…forgot about the 5 Shop Vacs of various sizes. Am I winning?

I didn’t see this answered anywhere, apologies if I missed it. How is the V6 stick with pet hair on hard wood floors? Was looking for something to to clean the floors besides a regular broom followed by a swiffer.

We have a Miele, after 10 years bought another powerhead ($150). The main body/motor is still going strong. The Dyson we bought because my wife wanted an upright has cheap plastic parts and the canister handle broke after 4 years.

I have dc35 that i purchased refurb from Amazon for $210. I recently purchased V6 absolute brand new-store display missing filters-for $80. V6 suction power is way more powerful and surprisingly the carpet like roller works better than brush roller on Dc35. Unfortunately batteries died on both machines. Refurbished one costed me $45 to replaced with 3rd party battery sine short warranty expired, but V6 absolute battery was replaced by Dyson for free. Love my V6 Absolute. Worjs great with pet hair from my dog and cat. I also have upright Dyson for carpetted rooms… so 3 total…

I bought my mother a ball dyson from woot! years ago. She ran a couple of years and then told me that it broke and the brush wouldn’t turn. So I got her another dyson from woot! … before I realized she had accidentally pushed the button that turns off the brush.

So we have TWO woot! dysons in the house and they’ve been running great for many years.

why did you get 5

what is the warranty that woot offers on these refurbished???

5 seems a little much but sometimes people get multiple vacuums so they don’t have to drag them up and down stairs.

Basement = 1
upstairs = 1
1st floor = 1
maybe gifts and/or replaces = other 2?

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the yellow canister vac … any reviews helpful, please and thank you.

Hi there. We list the warrant at the end of the features. These have a 6-month Dyson warranty.

I have had the Dyson Canister Vac for a year. It was also a factory reconditioned unit and I paid $199 for it. It’s been wonderful and I highly recommend it! I saw some reviews, prior to purchasing, on Amazon that were less than steller and said it clogged all the time, wouldn’t pick up anything after 2 uses, etc. First, mine has never clogged. IDK what people were trying to vacuum up that would do that?! Second, if you keep the canister CLEAN, and I mean clean it after every use, then it always works like it’s brand new. I dust with a Swiffer cloth, then after I vacuum, I use the Swiffer cloth to clean up inside the middle area of the canister really good. LOTS, like tons, of debris can get up in the canister so cleaning it each time helps. Again, I highly recommend the canister vac! And I have 7 cats :slight_smile:

I own a new version of the stick cordless vac, and I gotta say that I love it. It cannot suffice as a heavy duty vacuum, but is WONDERFUL for small jobs where you don’t want to worry with the hassle of pulling out your corded vac. In reality, it’s an additional luxury which makes an already simple process even simpler, and is in no way a necessity, but it sure is convenient.

I bought a Dyson DC33 refurb here in 2012. I love it. 2 big hairy dogs and a toddler give this thing a workout. In for the canister vac.

I have given three cordless as gifts. The recipients of my Dyson gifts are very pleased with them.

How long is the warranty on the Dyson stick Vac?

Very dissatisfied, first off the DC50 Multifloor Upright Vacuum is a compact model, no where in the description does it say compact so big disappointment when I was expecting full size. Secondly what I received has a broken handle and the hose does not lock into place. Totally unhappy with this purchase.