Dystopian Future

This shirt is all too true… all too true. Fortunately, most of these cynical creatures stay away from Woot! :slight_smile:

(Or maybe I am wearing rose colored glasses… lol)

Is the bottom right a Clockwork Orange reference?

What does that have to do with the future?

A Clockwork Orange is set in a future Britain… of course, nearly 60 years after the novel was written, it doesn’t look too futuristic now I guess?

In MY world, the Clockwork Orange reference is on the bottom left.

I recognize all except the clumsy robot in the bottom center. Anyone?

From ‘Robocop’. This was supposed to be the cop of the future, but it had a little difficulty with the concept of stairs.

I don’t know why terminator gets 2 references. There are plenty of sci/futuristic movies to pull from.

For those unsure
Alien, Blade Runner, Terminator
The Matrix, 2001: A space Odyssey, Mad Max
A Clockwork Orange, Robocop, Terminator 2

I agree! And the clumsy robot from robocop, while still a great reference, why not just robocop!? I still really like the shirt because it pulls from my favorite combination of era and genre. I’m sure it was really hard to pick just 9 references.

I think the designer was going for the negative aspects of possible futures (assuming the T-800 is from the original Terminator). Robocop is everything good about the future. A machine that can love…

I suppose if one were to be technical, Agent Smith may not be a future but an alternate present-day reality.

How do you know that it’s alternate?

From an artist point of view: designs dont always make sense, and are not always made to satisfy audience and drive sales. I had to use two Terminator references because I loved both the characters so much, and I wanted to draw both of them. ED209 is way cooler than robocop in my opinion, and I know there are so many scifi movies out there but I didnt have the pleasure to watch them all :slight_smile:

Thanx for the comments and critisism tho, always appreciated :smiley:

Everybody’s a critic… In my case, I’m a fawning geek having a nerdgasm over this shirt. Great job @letterq!

You’re killing it with 9pc designs lately. Love these characters and the color palette.

One cool shirt!

Thanx a lot Matt! :slight_smile:

bloomin’ brilliant! :slight_smile: