e-GO! Library 550 Preloaded Classic AudioBooks

Hi everybody! Nic here from the e-GO! Library.

I wanted to drop in to [A] say that I’ll be checking in when I can to help answer any questions, but also to ** proactively answers the most common ones now so here goes…

SAMPLES

>>>http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Tom-Sawyer.mp3

>>>http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Flying-Dutchman.mp3

AUDIO NOT FREE

These audiobooks are not free anywhere (that we know of at least). Yes you can find similar titles free on sites like LIbrivox, but Librivox recordings for example are done by volunteers. Ours are recorded in a studio by professional actors (not celebrities) in high quality sound. Most have British accents while a few are American. Not to knock LIbrivox; it’s a great resource for sure, but there is a considerable difference

LISTS (INDEXES)

> All 550 AudioBooks are “Classic” Books. There is a link to a list of all the books included in the product description. Alternatively the list can also be found at:

https://www.egolibrary.com/audiobooks

LENGTH

The AudioBooks are unabriged and vary in length. There are many short stories as well as longer epics. In all there is roughly 2,000hours worth of listening. So at say 1 hours a day it should last close to 6 years.

SHARING

lastly we encourage sharing these are not protected or restricted in any way. By all means, feel free share with friends and family. The more the merrier.

As mentioned I’ll be keepping an eye on these forums so if you have any quesitons please drop me a line and I’ll be happy to help! Thanks everyone,

Nic

I have to chime in that the books were well worth the small amount and, for anyone who commutes, audiobooks are great, especially if your MP3 player can resume where you left off.

Perhaps some Wooters can suggest devices that do that. I use a Sony ICDLX30 Stereo Digital Flash Voice Recorder, bought three here years ago for $43 and now they are well over $100 on the mothership. Too bad.

I have had a lot of luck with the Sansa Clip MP3 players. I have owned several models over the years and the the models I have used (Clip, Clip+ and Clip Zip) worked well in resuming where I left off in my audio books even when switching between audio books and music. They are small, no-frill players but can usually be had inexpensively. I can’t speak for the current generation but from reviews, it appears they are not as beloved as their predecessors so you may want to look at a refurb Clip+.

Just got my flash drive a couple days ago and think it’s awesome. I’ve sampled a few of the books and the quality is top notch. I’m looking forward to plugging this in to my car stereo and listening to the books as I commute to and from work.

In for one. I’ll never read some of these classics in book form, but I can listen to them and get hooked. They’ve been around for a reason.

I hope to find something about Scotland after WW One for something I am working on. Any suggestions?

Great to hear you are enjoying it!

Please note that most car stereos have limited controls over straight USB sticks. My wife for example loads them to her Samsung phone (these plug in directly to her phone) and then plays them through Bluetooth on our car stereo using the phone as the controller which lets you pause, stop, etc.

I do the nearly the same with an old iPod touch but I use the USB cable to plug the iPod Touch to the car’s USB port (and then the iPod touch gives me far better controls again).

So if you have any options like that I recommend over a straight plugin to the car stereo which again are very rudimentary when dealing with USB content. Hope that helps!

Not in Scotland off the top of my head. But then I not am intimately familiar with the locations of all 550 books so let me think about this…no news means bad news in the case though :slight_smile:

Can these be loaded on a kindle fire?

Sure can!

So the easiest ways involve first adding the Audiobooks to your computer. That’s easy: simply plug in the USB drive and then copy/paste it’s content to your desktop or location you can easily find. By the way I recommend everyone do this anyways so that they can have a backup of the drive’s contents regardless.

Then you can either send them to your Amazon cloud account or connect your Fire to your Kindle and transfer them that way.

This article nicely outlines both in detail:

Please just remember that since these are Mp3 files they will most likely appear as music in your Kindle Fire and not “AudioBooks”

Hope that helps! Thanks for your interest. Nic

PS. have a look at some of the comments in that article for torubleshooting tips and other advice (sometimes for example you have to turn ON a certain setting on the FIRE)

As one person said “I have been looking for an easy, not to technical way to do this for months! This took me a whole 15 mins. Thank you!!!”

Yes, you would transfer it using a computer.

Here are instructions.

Thanks

Thanks! Also the website has updated Windows 10 instructions here if you use w10:

Thanks for the help ThunderThighs and love the name hahaha :slight_smile:

Got mine and I’m generally happy with what I hear. The British guy is quite good, using varied voices for characters.

One at least on title, he says “file two” before it continues. No biggy, but editing it out makes it sound better. Anybody with the free Audacity program can do it if it bothers them.

Having produced and recorded/edited my own non-fiction “how-to” tech audiobooks, I can tell you it is a LOT of work to do properly.

But it isn’t like you can just turn on a cassette recorder and rattle on.

Glad I got it!