e-GO! Library 550 Preloaded Classic AudioBooks

Hi everybody! Nic here from the e-GO! Library.

I wanted to drop in to [A] say that I’ll be checking in when I can to help answer any questions, but also to ** proactively answers the most common ones now so here goes…

SAMPLES

>>>http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Tom-Sawyer.mp3

>>>http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Flying-Dutchman.mp3

AUDIO NOT FREE

These audiobooks are not free anywhere (that we know of at least). Yes you can find similar titles free on sites like LIbrivox, but Librivox recordings for example are done by volunteers. Ours are recorded in a studio by professional actors (not celebrities) in high quality sound. Most have British accents while a few are American. Not to knock Librivox; it’s a great resource for sure, but there is a considerable difference

LISTS (INDEXES)

> All 550 AudioBooks are “Classic” Books. There is a link to a list of all the books included in the product description. Alternatively the list can also be found at:

https://www.egolibrary.com/audiobooks

LENGTH

The AudioBooks are unabriged and vary in length. There are many short stories as well as longer epics. In all there is roughly 2,000 hours worth of listening. So at say 1 hours a day it should last close to 6 years.

SHARING

lastly we encourage sharing these are not protected or restricted in any way. By all means, feel free share with friends and family. The more the merrier.

As mentioned I’ll be keeping an eye on these forums so if you have any questions please drop me a line and I’ll be happy to help! Thanks everyone,

Nic

Welcome Nic! We are very happy to have you back in the Woot forums. :slight_smile:

Hi, I have the following questions:
1)Do I need to keep the stick attached to the device in order to listen (can I transfer one book at a time to a device)
2)How easy is it to bookmark where I am at?
3)Does it have an easy to use table of contents?
Thanks!

Hey 2bytwice and thanks for the interest!

So while we think these are neat ideas (a little biased of course :wink: ) the technology is fairly basic. These are essentially USB drives pre-loaded with MP3 AudioBooks

*I can provide buyers a download link to these in M4B for those that prefer that format as a side note

So…

1. You do NOT need to keep the stick plugged in. You can copy/paste these to your device (in fact as and devices as you want) and play the books directly from there.

2. it depend on what player you use. most players will keep your place if you pause the “song” but then if you jump to another you are likely to lose it

3. There is a Index of all the Books on the USB drive as well. They are also organized alphabetically by title.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks! Nic

One Item on "audio book list seems missplaced
OZ - The Scarecrow and The Tin Woodman Frank Baum

Picture book on the characters in the land of oz

Want work on my iPad or kindle

Could be just my foggy head on Monday morning but you’ve lost me there. Mind re-explaining please so I can best help? Thanks!

Kindle - what kind of Kindle do you have? If it’s a strict eReader I don’t believe it can play AudioBooks. If it’s a Fire than yes it can.

iPad - yes! Now the iPad doesn’t have a USB port so you can’t plug this in directly - but you can easily import to iTunes on your computer then sync. Only takes a few minutes and I have the simple directions. OR if you want I also have these in M4B so I can give you a download link to download directly to your ipad.

Also in about 2 more weeks we’ll be launching a new iPad app which you can use to listen to all these as well - just another easy way to get them. Again just contact us and we’re happy to send it to you.

Whatever you need/would like…instructions, M4B files, app, a hug :slight_smile: we’re here for you at

seriously - we’d love to hear from you! Thanks, Nic