e-GO! Library 550 Preloaded Classic AudioBooks

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

e-GO! Library 550 Preloaded Classic AudioBooks
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 Business Days. (Wednesday, Feb 07 to Monday, Feb 12) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](e-GO! Library 550 Preloaded Classic AudioBooks) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=e-GO! Library 550 Preloaded Classic AudioBooks) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](e-GO - Google Shopping! Library 550 Preloaded Classic AudioBooks)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/12/2016 - $37.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (2 comments)

6/5/2017 - $42.99 (Woot Plus)
2/2/2017 - $42.99 (Woot Plus)
2/2/2017 - $42.99 (Woot Plus)

Hi everybody! Nic here from the e-GO! Library.

I wanted to drop in to [1] say that I’ll be checking in again in the morning to help answer any questions, but also to [2] proactively answers the most common ones now so here goes…

SAMPLES

>>> http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Tom-Sawyer.mp3

>>> http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Flying-Dutchman.mp3

AUDIO NOT FREE

These audiobooks are not free anywhere (that we know of at least). Yes you can find similar titles free on sites like LIbrivox, but Librivox recordings for example are done by volunteers. Ours are recorded in a studio by professional actors (not celebrities) in high quality sound. Most have British accents while a few are American. Not to knock LIbrivox; it’s a great resource for sure, but there is a considerable difference

LISTS (INDEXES)

> All 550 AudioBooks are “Classic” Books. There is a link to a list of all the books included in the product description. Alternatively the list can also be found at:

https://www.egolibrary.com/audiobooks

LENGTH = ALL UNABRIDGED

The AudioBooks are unabriged and vary in length. There are many short stories as well as longer epics. In all there is roughly 2,000hours worth of listening. So at say 1 hours a day it should last close to 6 years.

SHARING

lastly we encourage sharing these are not protected or restricted in any way. By all means, feel free share with friends and family. The more the merrier.

As mentioned I’ll be back in the AM so if you have any quesitons please drop me a line and I’ll be happy to help! Thanks everyone,

Nic

Do you have samples of all the titles?

One reviewer discussion page

I bought last time this was for sale. Have been mostly pleased. each book is 1 mp3 file, ie you can’t go to a particular chapter or page. so you have to remember or write down the hh:mm you stopped so you can pick back up there. my phone remembers where I left off as long as I don’t power it down. it starts from the beginning when you re-start. The narrator for “The Three Musketeers” was a little difficult to understand with his accent. I would recommend this if you are undecided.

I bought this collection on another website and have been very pleased with it.

These are fine, for what they are, but…

For audio book listeners, the very best value is a public library card. Here in Seattle we have a great collection from both the Seattle Public Library and King County Library System. They have the same professional, high quality narration as Audoble.com books and most of their popular titles are available, especially the classics.

Most library systems around the country have downloadable audio books. They are in .mp3 format (mostly using Overdrive, which lets you save your place, which is really important. Also, better than those purchased through Audible, they can be saved to your computer and put on any device, and do not expire until you delete them.

I’ve found that most titles that Audible has are available and the Audible "Deal of the Day"titles can be downloaded immediately, without getting on a hold list. The most popular titles usually have a hold list to get on.

Most libraries let you register for a card on-line and you can start immediately. They will also send you a library card if you live or work inside their borders.

The Librivox LibriVox recordings by volunteers are also a great FREE option.

Here is the Librivox free edition of Tom Sawyer., which includes the author’s introduction, not on the sample on the e-Go sample link, so it’s @1:30 to the start.

Sorry, but I was asking for samples of the narration for each title not the List of titles.

Most people would be looking for a small number of titles. A short :30- 1:00 sample of the narration would be most helpful to decide.

The four pictures of the thumb drive from different angles are incredibly helpful. I wouldn’t be able to make my purchasing decision without them.

Morning and thanks for asking! We don’t have samples of ALL the titles, just a couple here:

>>> http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Tom-Sawyer.mp3

>>> http://www.egolibrary.com/data/demo/Flying-Dutchman.mp3

Hope that helps! Thanks, Nic

I counted about TEN books written by women. So generous. PASS!!

Great title list. I’m seriously considering this purchase.

We purchased the e-GO children’s library in the past. Pro: Great classic books. The first three books in that 125 book collection alone were worth the price of purchase (Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland, Verne’s Around the World in 80 Days, MacDonald’s At the Back of the North Wind). Contra: I have to edit the meta-information for all the tracks to make them easier to categorize and locate in my devices. For 125 titles, the effort is worth it in the end, but it takes a lot of time. (Thinking about doing that for 550 tracks…!) Also, as at least one person has mentioned, these works are broken up into one book per track. So a lot of tracks are hours and hours long. A long term project of ours is to edit these into smaller, chapter-sized tracks. Again, this is a contra because of the work I have to do to make it much more user-friendly. When we think about jumping between books, or the kids simply want to hear a particular chapter, the one book per track is nearly always enough to discourage us from listening at all. But like I said, there is a lot of good material there for us to edit in the first place.

Regarding the public library card suggestion: It is a good one! We and our kids each have a card, and we check out 20+ books per week (at least), every week. Nevertheless, we still have a home library (print and audio…especially print) that continues to grow weekly.

For Candlemas, we purchased around 50+ hours worth of audiobooks for gifts (Milne, Lobel, Seuss, etc.). Even so, this title list is super cool. I might purchase one after a little chat with the family about the titles.

Admittedly, the Poe, Chesterton, and Doyle titles already have me sold…

Post confab update: Unanimous decision, we’re buying this!

Thanks everyone for the comments! I’m heading to visit with family shortly so I won’t be able to reply further today. However if ever you need anything, our team is always around to help (always = 9 to 5 Monday to Friday :slight_smile: )

Just drop us a line via our website at:

Thanks and look forward to hearing from you! Have a great weekend everyone! Nic

As a guy who has recorded commercially produced audiobooks, I can tell you that these are pro-quality readers, working in studios, not at their kitchen table with the air-conditioner running.

There is one that was recorded with a couple of edits missed, as in the reader saying “Chapter three, part 2” which would suggest this was a much larger and more expensive product that somehow never quite made it out the door and the present company bought it out and is offering it a a bargain price.

I’m sure the back-story would be interesting to people like me, but the bottom line is you get a lot of good listening that you own and do not have to wait in line to borrow.

Some Sandisk Sansa MP3 players and some Sony players return to where you left off. Others may, but many do not.

I use Smart Audiobook Player on Android.

I’ve listened to a ton of these. I thought The Three Musketeers narrator was great and did not have any difficulty understanding him. I listed to all the Dumas books. There are some mistakes in them, particularly The Count of Monte Cristo, where the narrator will say, “Let’s try that again” or something similar. But it’s also 55+ hours of a book!

In addition to Dumas, I’ve listed to a ton of Jack London, Jonathan Swift, Arthur Conan Doyle, Frank Baum (Wizard of Oz - didn’t know how many other books were set in this world). I have liked all of them so far.

In your list of Titles the description for the Communist Manifesto mentions something called “Chuchkeism”. I think you meant “Trotskyism”.

Well, there were more than 10… But most of these books are “oldies” back before all the copyright and royalties that make books so costly these days and sorry but there were not as many published women writers back then. It is wonderful that this has changed, but it does not change the fact that this is a great collection with some really excellent titles.