Ear Force PX5 7.1CH Bluetooth Headset

I have a pair of these. The Bluetooth connection is from the headset. I use them for mobile phone use as well as gaming. Know that the preset and customizable audio settings only really apply to the audio coming from the transmitter unit, so those settings don’t apply to the Bluetooth connection audio. I have had these for over 2 years and have had no problems with them.

I purchased these PX5 headphones brand new back in November 2011, absolutely fell in love with the crystal clear sound. Used them to play PS3 games, watch Blu-rays. They really do bring a whole new dimension to the entertainment experience. Then… they conked out on me 3 months ago.
So I ended up purchasing them refurbished on the last Woot sale 2 months ago for $99, bought a Squaretrade 2-year warranty for piece of mind. I still firmly believe they are worth it for the sound quality. Not too bass heavy, but perfect mids and highs, which is important to my ears. Every piece of music, movie, game that you pipe into this headset is taken to a whole new level. Please note, though, that these are not “light” on your head. Not that they are overly heavy, they fit quite snug, but they are definitely not ear buds lol. So… anyone thinking about pulling the trigger on this should do so now. For the price you are getting a $250+ quality headset.

BTW although I have purchased many a product on Woot over the last 3 years, this is only my 3rd post, I believe. What is up with my avatar? I don’t get the drunk clown throwing up.

Go into your account. You can change your avatar.

Since you can pair a phone to the headset while still running audio from the game, I would say the connection is with the headset. Plus you can turn off the bluetooth separate from the audio on the headset. There are two power buttons - one on the left ear on the outside (main power) and a small bluetooth power button on the bottom of the right ear pad.

I have the Ear Force Delta version - same headset but rebranded for Call of Duty. They sound great, but there is a common problem of them cracking. Mine lasted about 18 months of daily use before breaking in the exact spot everyone else complained about - the thinnest part of the plastic band right above the earphones that extend to adjust to your head.

I fixed mine using a piece of wood held in place with a small hose clamp but that’s not the most appealing look.

It’s worth the price here though - just be careful you don’t pull them out too far when taking them off. That’s the stress point that causes the breaks.

Does the Ear Force PX5 allow wireless chat on the Xbox 360? or just PSN?
nvrmnd. the notes say CHAT-NO for Xbox 360.
Pass.

Question regarding xbox one (or 360 I suppose).
Does chat audio come through the xbox controller, and game audio come from the transmitter that I assume plugs into the optical out?

I know there is currently no adapter for Xbox one but there is a pretty easy mod to the existing headset to get chat audio. I guess my question is this: using the mod (basically cutting the xbox stock headset cord and attaching the appropriate plug) to get chat audio (using that white cable in the picture?) will game audio still come through from the transmitter at the same time or is it always a one or the other situation?
I think I’m rambling sorry if that makes no sense.

ROFL. As mentioned above, go into Your Account and you can choose from the 5 avatars assigned to you. You can also use a more personal one via Gravatar. That’s how I use my holiday edition avatars.

Can I use the adapter for the 360 on my ps4? I know the Bluetooth won’t work with it but if I can plug this into my controller through the 3.5 mm jack then these are a no-brainer
Never mind, shoulda read before opening my keyboard, lol. In for one :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem. Hope you get a response.

TB sells an (expensive) wireless bluetooth adapter that plugs into your xbox 360 controller. These headphones are nice I paid $200+ 2 years ago. I use them with my xbox 360 and PC using an optical switcher. Just have them hooked to my PC with a USB/optical adapter (Laptop doesn’t have optical) going to the switcher where it’s hooked into my xbox 360. Mic works via bluetooth so that’s how you connect to your PC.

Just get a handful of rechargeable batteries and you’re good.

You can download different audio presets for different games but I haven’t messed with that. I usually stick with preset 4 which I believe is bass/treble boost.

You can have it connected to your phone as well while you’re gaming so if you receive a call it’ll switch the audio to that and then you can go back to gaming. You can also play musi via bluetooth while you’re gaming if you’d like.

I believe these work with the xbox 1? TB has a compatabiity chart on their website. It just works with the optical out? For the mic I believe you have to use the kinect, though.

Hope this helps. If you’re on the fence definitely get these. Great deal.

The one I received from a previous woot-off was defective.
The bluetooth on the headset seems to work ok but I can’t get sound to come from my xbox. Base to headset is paired but no sound. Even went as far to connect it to a blueray player just to rule out the xbox.

Maybe if woot could hurry on my case number and send me a replacement while they got some in stock AHEEM. :slight_smile:

/2cents

I see that CS replied to you on 12/10. Have you checked your spam/junk folders?

I see your email from today. CS will get to it as soon as they can. I put a note in the file that you would prefer a replacement if possible.

how are these for PC gaming? does the mic work fine through bluetooth as well for things like ventrilo/skype/etc?

I don’t console game,b ut have been looking at a set of wireless headphones for watching TV at night as well as a new gaming headset for the PC. If i can use these with BT on the PC, and the dock setup for the TV separately…they’d be perfect.

I’ve had trouble returning non-working items. I’m told, “we don’t accept returns”. Contact the manufacturer. I’ve also tried returning 1 other thing and was told, “We don’t accept returns.” I only buy from Woot if I am very very sure the price is ridiculously low and if I am willing to “eat” it if it is not as advertised, as returns and even communication policies are not very good.

I’m sorry but I looked through your emails for the address on your account. The only email I see is for a purchase from a 3rd party via a deal posted on Deals.Woot. You need to go to the seller of the product for returns.

If you’re buying these for a PS4 this chat cable is needed from Turtle Beach: Turtle Beach® #1 Gaming Headsets - Hear Everything. Defeat Everyone.
They add another $6.95 to the to the price but it’s a necessity for using these on your PS4. They are basically a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable, Turtle Beach states third party cables are not guaranteed so beware of the cheap Amazon “add-ons”.

Someone help please.Every time I click on Squaretrade for an extended warranty I get a blank page. Tried Explorer and FireFox

I’m not sure why you’re experiencing issues with the SquareTrade widget.

Please try an alternative browser and you can also try Clicking this Link