Easy Park Garage Parking Sensor

Seriously think my mother would like this…birthday next month…

ok… so how do i attach a string to a tennis sphere?

Tennis B A L L. Just had to say it. Ha Woot post editor

to attach string, just tie it around a screw and turn the screw into the tennis sfeer.

I’m almost inclined to buy this just to mess with it for 2 seconds.

All I have to say is, Tennis spheres are cheaper!!!

In for one, something else to play with… ;o)
This makes my 77th Woot.

Jimmie FZ-30… ;o)
My main hangout:
http://www.onlinephotographers.com/yabbse/

OK guys… it’s late I’m tired, yet I had to comment on this woot, simply because I’m a dedicated wooter and I actually own this exact same model. So here we go…

Me… at Walmart, shopping for some automatic light timers for the lights in my place… need them on for the cat so she can feel like someones home, when I’m not…lol…cat.

Anyways, sitting on the same display shelf was this device, originally marked at $19.99 however they we 'red-tagged; as clearance down to $9.99…and you know me (or as most wooters), can’t turn down a deal on some techy-crap we’ll probably never use… so I pick one up…

My girlfriend cant park her tiny Scion in my garage to save her life, so I installed this… mounted the sensor at her cars approximate bumper height (12-18 inches A.F.F.) for those non-architects or engineers, that’s Above Finished Floor, plugged it into the wall (you can use batteries too, 3 AA I believe) and voila… it worked…perfectly… even made her try it out after I demonstrated it…

VERDICT… this thing works and look cooler than a retarded tennis ball… the light is off until sensor picks up the car, at about 24 inches or so, the green light turns on and then at approximately 12 inches or so, the yellow and then finally at about 3 inches or so, the red light comes on…

SHOULD YOU BUY THIS?.. I personally will never use it, because I know how to park, however if you have a girlfriend (or boyfriend), wife (or husband), mom (or dad), grandma (or grandpa)… (you get the picture) and they cant park to save their life… buy it!

I’m out fellas (and ladies, if you’re out there)…

Good night!

I have an even lower tech method than the tennis ball.Simply place a piece of duct tape on the garage floor near the drivers side door where you can see it when you open the driver’s door. I have the tape placed to line up with the car door trim when the car is pulled far enough forward. I drive into the garage, open my car door slightly to see where I am in relation to the tape, and when positioned correctly, I’m done. Cheap, no unsightly string and ball hanging.

Well, you could BACK IN

Other people’s kids!

Forget the better mousetrap - your Dad could make a better mouse!

Is that counting the 2 for Tuesdays as doubles and your multiple purchases, or just times you clicked the “stupidly large button?”

I’d also buy one to save someone elses’ life - Is there a bedroom or worse - bathroom on the other side of your garage?

Now backing through that wall would scare ahuhu -------

I use a whiffle golf ba1l on a string that baps the windsheild. It’s easier to attach a string to, less annoying to bump into than a tennis ba1l, and it works great. total cost about $.25

Tennis “sphere”? Who uses that terminology? Maybe an engineer. But then that solution is way too simple for an engineer. Regular people use tennis “balls”

The reason people don’t use lighter bal1s is because they can blow in the wind. You want something with enough weight to keep it from moving around while you’re parking.

Dude, if you are parking fast enough to create “wind” in your garage, I think you may need a bowling sphere instead of even a tennis sphere.

-K

I can only say good things about this parking system!
I really love it, the only drawback is that if you plan on running it on batteries, well you might have to change em A LOT since the lifespan of them is not that good… Different story if you use the a/c adapter…
good price and a good product
=)

I use a dimpled golf spheroid on a piece of fishing line … and I position it so that my rear bumper just barely clears the garage door, leaving the max space in front of the vehicle for walking, storage, etc … this product is much more fun than my way, but wouldn’t work unless I could adjust the distance … oh well …

And I like the idea of having the garage door pull up the object, but it seems like you would need 11-12 foot ceilings in your garage to make it work …

Right on, thanks for the great IDEA and aren’t all dads the greatest!