eBAY Badge-a-Minit doofus taking advantage of the good WOOT name

http://cgi.ebay.com/w00t-woot-gaming-gamer-hacker-pin-button-BADGE_W0QQitemZ5243818696QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any lawyers around here want to write a C&D?

For what? The term “woot” has been around since at least 1993. If the badges said “woot.com” then that’d be an issue.

Much as I love to run out and Harass someone for doing wrong - there’s nothing there that can be construed as wrong, Woot is a common word, the logos don’t look the same, and there’s nothing that directly identifies it with this site.

But I would like some woot gear - Maybe a Woot Car cover? Complete with Galloping Cow, BigD with the whacking stick, And Jason Toon screaming in fear as the rampaging masses Assault the boards?

[quote user=“dreamaster”]Much as I love to run out and Harass someone for doing wrong - there’s nothing there that can be construed as wrong, Woot is a common word, the logos don’t look the same, and there’s nothing that directly identifies it with this site.

But I would like some woot gear - Maybe a Woot Car cover? Complete with Galloping Cow, BigD with the whacking stick, And Jason Toon screaming in fear as the rampaging masses Assault the boards?[/quote]

How about an unlimited supply of “Official” Dave Bug’s pants?

Oh, wait, apparently we all already have that…

For what? The term “woot” has been around since at least 1993. If the badges said “woot.com” then that’d be an issue.

Much as I love to run out and Harass someone for doing wrong - there’s nothing there that can be construed as wrong, Woot is a common word, the logos don’t look the same, and there’s nothing that directly identifies it with this site.

But I would like some woot gear - Maybe a Woot Car cover? Complete with Galloping Cow, BigD with the whacking stick, And Jason Toon screaming in fear as the rampaging masses Assault the boards?

How about an unlimited supply of “Official” Dave Bug’s pants?

Oh, wait, apparently we all already have that…