Echo Dot Kids Edition (Rainbow or Blue)

Echo Dot Kids Edition (Rainbow or Blue)

Great; lets get the kids started early on accepting an “always on” listening device so when they get older it seems “normal” (it’s not).

This is a no for me dog and I’d STRONGLY suggest rethinking buying this at all (forget about the “for kids” part).

2 Likes

Agreed. Only reason why I’d buy this is for the intercom feature:

“kids, wake up.”
“Start putting your clothes on”
“Why aren’t you guys brushing your teeth yet”
“Hello!!! You’re gonna miss the bus and this time I’m going to make you walk to school!!”
“@#$&!!!”

Driving kids to school

Hmm… On second thought

1 Like

If you are already paying for FreeTime unlimited; would buying this allow
you to add another year onto your subscription?

1 Like

I don’t think it stacks… in other words, you can’t buy two and get 2 years of freetime unless you wait a year to activate the 2nd one. If you already have freetime and you activate this device, it will replace your current subscription and give you a free year from that point forward.

“For customers who already have a subscription to Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, your active subscription will be automatically replaced as soon as you activate a new Fire Kids Edition Tablet, and you’ll receive one year of FreeTime Unlimited from that time.”

Here are some details about it:
https://www.amazon.com/b?node=19624215011
"For customers who purchase more than one Fire Kids Edition Tablet, Kindle Kids Edition or Echo Dot Kids Edition in the same order, your FreeTime Unlimited subscription will begin on the date you set up the first device. If you set up the second device under the same Amazon account within one year of that date, your FreeTime Unlimited subscription will extend for an additional one year from the time of the second activation. "

1 Like

Kids version with freetime is nice because you don’t have to worry about explicit songs being played or other adult skills or responses. It can do things like tell Disney bedtime stories, play g-rated “would your rather” games, answer how to spell words, animal facts, etc… Fun and educational stuff.
You can choose to allow it to control smart devices and such. “Echo, start the dance party”, for instance, will play dance music and turn on some party lights in the kid’s room.

1 Like

Groom the children!

1 Like