Eco Canteen Stainless Steel 26 Ounce Water Bottle – 2 Pack

heh how about this news article.

probably explains the video not working on the website.

In for 2, I figure they’re usually about $5 each any how.

Thanks for the denture cleaning tablets to clean water bottles, never would have thought of that!

It’s fully stainless steel besides the lid. I almost think you could boil something in this.

“hot and cold temperatures” ha ha ha! keep up the good work.

i am tempted cause i like the carabiner

In for 6-I think they’ll be good stocking stuffers.

Is this double-walled? I have a stainless steel water bottle that isn’t, and it can’t keep anything cold.

When it says “Stainless Steel” does that mean inside AND outside? It would be bad if it was aluminum inside.

You really should decided weather or not to trust based on something other than looks. :wink:

Those are well-designed “lids” as you call them. Actually they are “caps.”

In for 6

Thanks woot for figuring out how to continue feeding my addiction…

:sunglasses:

Is it a thermos? Nope, a steel water bottle? Yep.

Most of the complaints that I saw about this thing stem from the website and wacky shipping charges that annoyed people. Woot takes care of that problem easily.

In for 4 myself.

I would like to ask for some clarification on one of the EcoCanteen “myths”:

“Use of EcoCanteen will have no effect on the size of a male user’s testicles.”

What, exactly, does this mean?..

These are stainless steel and SIGGs are aluminum. I have one of each, and the SIGG seems thicker because of the lining (thus more sturdy), although using stainless steel has its benefits. For one, it doesn’t have to have a lining to prevent potentially dangerous aluminum-leaching. Here’s a website that sums up some of the differences:

Although, after reading the link posted by branflake12 I’m not sure I want to support this company with an additional purchase.

Apparently the back-history of this product has been pretty shady. Just do a Google search.

http://www.thegreenestdollar.com/2009/02/eco-canteen-product-review/

Thanks for the useful link! I put my credit card back in my wallet after checking out those product reviews.

I for a total of 6. I think they’ll be great to take fly fishing!! Bought 2 aluminum ones at Wal-mart on clearance for $5 each, didn’t have spout or carabiner.

The manufacturer seems to engage in some shady business. See user reviews of this product at Fandom.

the cocmpany looks to have some shady business practices. Of course, we’re buying through Woot here, but I’m out based on principle. Just like how many people are shying away from Sigg… for the principle of their business practices.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/ecocanteen.html

You can boil something in this, but I would imagine the outside would be hot to the touch

I am concerned about the many negative comments on the web about the manufacturer and refuse to buy products when customers are not treated in a professional manner.

Are these stainless steel bottles made in China?