ecobee Switch+ Smart Switch with Alexa

ecobee Switch+ Smart Switch with Alexa

DO NOT BUY THIS! THEY ARE DISPLAY UNITS AND ARE NOT FUNCTIONAL!

Hi there. I’m sorry. Looks like they forgot to list the condition along with the “open box”. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with it being open box, the issue is that these are not switches. They’re promotional displays. They are nothing more than buttons that play an advertisement that should have never been offered for sale in the first place!

Oh, got it. Let me see if there’s a way to turn off demo mode or if one slipped in the inventory.

Update: Demo versions are different. Our vendor has sold thousands of these and gets them straight from ecobee and this is the first one he’s heard of. Reach out to Woot Customer Service and they’ll take care of you.

1 Like

Both of the switches that I ordered were demos, and after speaking with Ecobee, there were enough calls recently from people that had ordered these on woot that they have a “customers are buying display units from tools.woot.com” tech article on the issue. There’s also someone on the ecobee subreddit that received display unit from woot, and the replacement customer service sent him was also a display. I am clearly not the only one with this issue. I’d hope that you’d have halted the sale of these since they’re clearly not what’s advertised, but you, as well as customer service, want to go on the defensive. It’s a shame really. This is the second major issue with an order that I’ve had in the past couple months. I may just be done with woot altogether, it’s not what it used used to be, not even a shadow.

Thank you for the information. I’ll pass it on to our vendor so they can go through their inventory which they do get directly from ecobee so this is weird.

I apologize for the frustration with this.

PS: Could you link me to the reddit post? I’m getting nowhere with search.

1 Like