ecobee3 Smart Thermostat & 3 Room Sensors

ecobee3 Smart Thermostat & 3 Room Sensors

The last open box ecobee I ordered from woot had to be sent back because it was really “used acceptable” condition.
I’ve had bad luck lately in the open box and refurbished deals game.
Please send me a good one, woot. My spouse threatens “never again” if we get another lemon.

1 Like

Noooo… UPS tracking shows this is coming from PB&J Labs. This is the same vendor that sent me the nasty and heavily used “oven box” ecobee last time.

Oh you’re doomed.

1 Like

Update! I installed my “open box” ecobee from PB&J Labs via woot. I am fairly certain PB&J stands for Partially Broken & Janky.
Maybe I’m being a little harsh. The package was ok and there was only one smudge on the screen. The sensors were ok and all had the plastic battery strip in place.
Seems to be working fine too.
My biggest gripe is that the screen is slightly crooked inside the housing. Check this ish out:

Notice how the line on bottom cuts off half way across. It should be level across the screen. During setup, there was a lot of text and I could tell it was slanted. You can also tell the arrows at the top are closer to the right edge than the arrows at the bottom. Also seems dimmer than the ecobee3 I had at the old house.

Better than the last one I got from this vendor, but still not impressed. I think I’ll keep it. I hope the screen dies within the 90 day warranty if it’s going to.

Have you considered shaking it like you would a Magic 8-Ball? Maybe the screen would right itself. :wink:

1 Like