ecobee4 Smart Thermostat with Alexa & Sensor

ecobee4 Smart Thermostat with Alexa & Sensor

Be sure to check with your local gas/electric providers for possible rebate offers on purchased smart thermostats. They may also be selling discounted smart thermostats as well. Worth a look!

1 Like

What is the diff between this and the Ecobee Smart Thermostat that also comes with sensor? My local utility co has the latter on sale for $144 with possibility of add’l $50 off for signing up with their rewards program (the one that lets them change the thermostat from their end)

Don’t waste your time buying from Woot. I have purchased two of these, each listed as refurbished and “tested to be in good working order”. Both units have had to be returned due to being damaged beyond repair (per the manufacturer), and out of warranty. Spend the extra few dollars to purchase from a reputable retailer.

Upon informing Woot that this was damaged beyond repair per the manufacturer, customer service offered me a (tiny) refund if I “want to get this repaired locally.” This morning, they stated no units were available to replace my faulty unit, then one hour later, I received an email with a link to this sale. Smh.

3 Likes

I have the ecobee 3 (essentially the 4 minus Alexa). I borderline hate this device. Yes, hate. 1) you have to drag your finger across the plastic screen to adjust the short-term temp. It’s clunky, doesn’t always work right, and my finger covers the screen so I cannot see if it’s working. Just give me a touch button for temp up/down! 2) this thing wants to enroll you in some power savings program. Here I am in Phoenix and the house is heating up FAST and I am constantly fighting ecoTurd3 to bring the temp down. Want out of the program? No, you cannot do that from the thermostat, silly carbon-based life form! You have to CALL the power company and request to be out of the program. I hate it. 3) to switch to heat only, it’s like 5 fricken taps. 6) good luck if you have bad eyes and don’t have your readers on. I don’t want a thermostat that anticipates what I want. Just do as I say. On the up side, you can control it with an app. And Alexa if you want to fart with that. We never do. Did I mention that I hate my ecobee 3?

so you’re a “maybe”?

1 Like