Ecolution Artistry Fry Pan 8" or 11"

Does anybody know if these are also PTFE free?

If you have a glass top oven there is a good chance that the grooves on the bottom will scratch up the surface. I had this happen to me with my last stove and some similar cookware.

So my confusion is - there’s a lot of to-do about scratching of traditional TEFLON pans and venting of nasty gasses when you cook or scratch them and all sorts of evil stuff.

1. When you DO manage to scratch one of these, what comes off/out of it?

2. How is “Hydrolon” not just a re-branded name for “Teflon?”

3. Does cooking on these at high temps (or preheating the pan, say) also cause venting of evilness which will kill my family and pets?

I realize some of this is tinfoil-hat stuff, but please try to humor me.

Thanks,
R

Nope, I’m with you re: the nasty gasses. My understanding is that it’s still Teflon, but Hydrolon is used to bond the Teflon to the pan, rather than nastier stuff that was previously the most commonly used. I think PFOA is the nasty alternative bonding hydrocarbon, but not 100% sure. SO it’s better as to ONE nasty chemical, but not as to ALL. The best thing about this (in terms of nasty chems) is that you really could buy two and be DILIGENT to trash (recycle) the first one if you have any signs of scratching/peeling. At least that way, you minimize risk of exposure by ingestion; you’d still be worried about killing your cockatiel if you overheat the pan, however.
best luck!

I tried to order two of each size but made a mistake and did 2 instead of 4. So I got one of each size. When I tried to go back and order another 2, one of each it said I wasn’t allowed.

I don’t suppose these are oven-safe, are they? With the silicone handle I’m doubting it.

How good is the connection between the pan and the handle?

Email service@woot.com, and ask them to adjust your original order. If that doesn’t work, you could open a second account with a different screen name. I’m not sure if you need to use a different address, but I don’t think so. I’m sure you’ll get hit with a separate shipping charge, though.

That is because you are only allowed a total of three of the same item. If you try another order with one it will work and you will not have to pay shipping again.

I bought the large one at Ross and it has been very good for the price. Even if it says dishwasher safe I would recommend hand washing. The handle is a little loose, but the surface cooks very well. Have had it for about 6 months.

If anyone knows, how do these compare to T-Fal?

Excellent price for a decent frying pan. I ordered one and hope it is well balanced. My current Food Network pan does wheelies because the handle is too heavy.

I LOVE these frying pans and highly recommend them!

Can these be used on an induction stovetop?

They are aluminum, so no.

You can do multiple orders for the flat fee of $5.00 until midnight, if that’s what you were referring to.

T-Fal has about eleven different models of nonstick cookware, ranging from a basic throw-away pan that weighs half an ounce, to their Ultimate line of nonstick products. Which line would you be comparing this to?

Looks like they’re out of the 11" pan. Saved me $7.99 (already had free shipping enabled).

How are these on gas stove tops?

Are these oven safe?