Econo-Heat Wall Heater

I recently bought two of the units from envi-heat as mentioned above instead of buying the Econo-heat units.

1. I had read too much about the cracking hassles of Econo-Heat. Sure, they will send you a replacement, but my time is valuable too. To keep sending units back until I get a good one, or worse, to install only to have it crack, remove and reinstall seems like a waste of time.

2. The envi-heat units are only hot along the vents at the top. You could place your hand anywhere on the front surface all day if you wanted to.

3. You can buy the thermostat with the Econo-heat unit, but that bumps up the cost to $110 on an old tools.woot or $140 right now on Amazon. To compare apples to apples, you need to add the thermostat which levels the price playing field.

4. If the envi-heat unit senses it is too hot, it will turn itself off. If it were to (somehow) fall from the wall, it will again turn itself off. The Econo-Heat has neither of these features.

The added safety features, integrated thermostat and not having to deal with any possible cracking issues all led to my decision to buy the envi-heat model. Many folks are happy with the Econo-heats and they are a good product. I was willing to spend a little more for what IMO is a better product.

Here is envi-heat’s (biased obviously) comparison with this model on Woot today:
http://www.eheat.com/pages/Envi-vs-Competitors.html

When I purchased two of the HH1012T units, envi-heat had and still have a sale to save 10% with free shipping. Buying two, with discount and free shipping, came to exactly $125.95/unit. Again, these have adjustable thermostats whereas the model on Woot today does not.

I am in no way affiliated with envi-heat, just very pleased with their product. :slight_smile:

has no therostate. no temperature control for the room. its on or off manually.

I know it says not to use these in a bathroom (I’m assuming because it could come in contact with water) but I want to put one on a bathroom wall that is not near the bath or shower. I also want to hang a towel rack on top of it so that I can use it as a towel warmer (with the towel hanging in front of the heater). Would this be an acceptable application of this product? No liability if you agree!

Last time these were on woot I ordered two, one arrived cracked, got a replacement, the replacement was crached, got a replacement for the replacement and that one was also cracked. After that, I gave up and just returned for a refund. The one which wasn’t cracked works well; it doesn’t get my basement office warm during really cold days but it does help as a supplemental heater for my main, portable heater.

I would also like to know if it has a thermostat. Seems like they would have shown it on the video if so, but can’t be sure.

Mine cracked as well…now only one portion of it heats…not effective anymore :frowning:

No, no thermostat. Just an on/off switch.

And good luck getting this thing in once piece. I have tried twice now and both time they come cracked in two. They ship them in the same box it’s packed in with two super thin pieces of Styrofoam.

If they cared about their product, they’d ship them with super strong, super thick Styrofoam. This leads me to believe they probably spend $3 per unit to make them because that’s how they ship them.

Can this be used to heat things other than walls? Also, how well does this function as a firewall? I get a lot of viruses.

I get it…hahaha (nerd laugh)!!

I must be the only person who thinks this thing is useless. My room is 10x10, It is mounted one foot in front of my chair and 2 feet over. Sure I can feel it if I sit right on top of it but no way does it warm my room. My main heat is kept on 64. I’ve had it on non stop all week and I am still cold. If I could I’d return it and patch my wall. I need to get my radiant heater back (from Costco) which works way better and actually does warm the room. A waste of money imo!