Eiki DLP Home Theater Projector

Includes the RS232 cable! Cool. Useful for us AMX and Crestron guys. Hey, by the way, if anyone wants to control this system using RS232, I have the protocol and programs that will run in AMX and Crestron processors.

Just sayin’.

Eiki is not a no-name brand, FYI. Been around since 1953, and one of the first LCD Projector manufacturers. So says the Wikipedia.

wow, 2000 hours. I wonder what the bulbs on these things cost

Not a great projector. On the other hand, nice to see a Prisoner reference.

This comment seems to be the clincher on if I was going to drop some cash.

Spec sheet [link]http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_spec_3080.pdf[/link]
Manual
[link]http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_3080.pdf[/link]
Manufacturer
Eiki International, Inc.
30251 Esperanza, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 92688
Tel: 800-242-3454 * Fax: 800-457-3454
This is a discontinued model

Have have yall never heard of Eiki? It’s a popular brand, was the big time brand back in the day of reel to reel, remember watching old projector films in school most likely was an Eiki.

For info on this and other Eiki DLP Projectors

http://www.touchboards.com/eiki/EikiDigitalProjectors.asp

Never owned one of these but I would like to “project” the Christmas movie Elf on the side of my store during a Downtown Christmas promotion. It Would be at night. How would that look with one of these?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight…Ekei is son of a Nike ! !!

This is not a good deal at all. A 480p projector for $499? Give me a break, you can buy 720p projectors off Ebay for cheaper than that.

Eiki is a known brand and they are legitimate and have been in the projector making business for a long time. I’m sure it is a quality projector, but way too high of a price point.

What source are you going to use for 1080p? There are no broadcast either on cable, satellite, or off air that uses such a format…

This is a discontinued product that never sold well… because its competition was much better

You can get an epson home 20 off tiger for about 500… includes manual keystone corrention which is better than a cropping digital one. keystone allow you to place it next to you instead of directly infront or behind

An infocus in72 will be better too.

or you can opt for an optoma dv11 or epson 30s with built in dvd player for about the same!

bad woot

check out projectorcentral.com for reviews.
or this one

Compared to Infocus? Yes, yes it is. This is 480p, not even 720p and LAST YEAR they had an Infocus for LESS than this piece of junk. I don’t care if you saw an Eiki in some store or on some website and decided that it wasn’t a noname since you saw it enough. It is not one of the big brands known for quality. Sorry.

So it’s another story of the chinese buying an old faithful brand to exploit…just loke a ‘poloroid TVeeeeeeeeee!’. Or, is it?

Thank you.

Eiki has been in the projector business for a long, long time. Their 16mm projectors (for those who are still into actual film) are considered by many to have been the best made, excellent engineering and solid optics.

Can’t speak for their video projectors as I have not seen them in action, but they are a quality company with an excellent rep.

You’d need a projector that supported HDMI. And at that point, you may as well keep your DVD player in the ceiling, for the cost of HDMI cables.

I am a projector freek and have three. in the projector world eiki is a no name brand… You want a major brand in this type of device as parts may be unavailable when your bulb burns out

True 480P, but aspect ratio of 16:9 what? just give me a res!!