Elan Elios Dual 4" Wall Mount Speaker

so quiet, you can
[youtube=AgFATDS6XaY][/youtube]

closest thing I can find to worthwhile info is the press release for this, it’s $79.99 tonight, no list price there.
http://www.elanhomesystems.com/pressreleasedetail.asp?id=0165/

Pretty much parrots press release, but says initial price was “$225 each”:

same model, $129.99 in white:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ES412W

Bye

I followed the link over to Geeks.com and based on the Regulatory Approvals listed below these speakers must be pretty awesome!

Features/Specifications:
Elan Elios EuroStyle ES412W 4" On-Wall Speaker

General Features:
White color
Two (2) dual active 4.5-inch woofers
Large magnet structure
ABS plastic cabinet
Wedge shape design makes it easy to attach horizontally or vertically
Includes mounting brackets

Specifications:
Bass Unit Dual 4.5-inch mica-filled copolymer
Tweeter: 1-inch soft dome pivoting
Frequency Response (± 3 db): 70 - 20,000 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Power Output: 75-watts, maximum
Recommended Wire Size: 16 - 18 AWG

Unit Dimensions:
16.5 x 7 x 4-inches (H x W x D, approximate)

Package Includes:
Elan Elios EuroStyle ES412W 4" On-Wall Speaker
Installation Guide
Horizontal mount bracket
Vertical mount bracket
Screw pack
Additional Information:

Notes:
Model: Elios ES412W
UPC: 8 44039 01061 2
Not for outdoor use

Product Requirements:
Home Theater System or AV receiver with speaker terminals

that video cover is showing a thumbtack, and it’s very easy to hear.

either way, are these comparable to say…bookshelf type speakers or am i looking to install a sub onto my wall? that seems painful.

either way, lovin the minimalistic chic here. i’m pretty much for all things minimal. except you know, on people. then it depends.

16.5 x 7 x 4-inches (H x W x D).
6.75 pounds.

I’m not sure if you are trying to ask if these are comparable to the size of subwoofers (which would be difficult to hang on a wall), or if you are trying to ask if you would need to buy a sub and hang it on a wall since these are wall mountable.

I would consider these to be large size bookshelf speakers that are not drastically heavy. Not too hard to hang on a wall (maybe the proper hardware is included which would make it very easy to do).

As far as needing a subwoofer, if you want proper bass, a proper sub would definitely be needed, but not necessarily hanging on a wall.

They look like knock-offs of the Klipsch Quintet III’s that I have.

I wish there was a single review I could read from actual customers. I can’t seem to find any!

www.elanhomesytems.com

Elan speakers are great sounding. I am a dealer and have heard this similar speaker from Niles audio, they are owned by the same company now.
I don’t think you are going to find a speaker at this price range that are going to sound better.

how are they compared to Definitive Technology? I have a Pro Cinema 600 and love them. Do these compare at all?

No- it’s ok, a dealer said these plastic speakers nobody ever heard of are awesome. Just buy them.
Looks like a terrible deal to me.

Needs more cow bell.