Electrical & Heating

That extension cord, how long is it? Looks to be 25 feet per the mothership:

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-31545-Grounded-3-Outlet-Extension/dp/B008EQIT3M

They are indeed 25’! We’ve updated the sale too, sorry about that.

Stanley 31165 Wireless Remote System Grounded Indoor

3 pack available from the mother ship for $27.69 with free prime shipping

3-pack from Amazon

The Extech multimeter is a discontinued model. Looks like the usual price is around $45. I can’t find any specs on the specific voltage ranges or the accuracy. Just the max voltage. Got caught out once before buying a multimeter that’s only accurate to +/- 1 volt.

the Stanley remotes work Very unreliably
woot would only give a partial credit
i try to stay away from all woot electrical items as there customer service is pooooor

It says in another write up I found that this is a 25 foot, 16 AWG extension cord. If I remember the tables from the National Electric Code, that means it can safely carry LESS than 12 Amps for more than an hour without overheating. With three plugs at one end that can each be used with max 15A appliances, you can get into trouble if you use it for more than lights or other low amp items.

That Lutron half dimmable outlet looked like a good deal until I tried to find the plug it requires. The cheapest I could find the plug was $14 - more than the cost of the outlet - for a PLUG! Thumbs down. I hope the one person who bought this so far checked that out…

Price is now $50.45 for 3 pack on mother ship. More importantly, there is now a special notice: --------------- --------------------------------------- "Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it’s described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We’re working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

Looks like woot! is really becoming a dumping ground.