Element Armor Tire & Trim Shine - 16oz

“Proudly made in the USA from premium materials.
High Shine
Water Based
Non-Greasy
Will NOT Sling
Interior & Exterior Use
Dries Smooth”

I’ve been a car guy and racer and am o.c.d. with keeping my car sparkling…

But I have never heard the term “sling”- does that mean run?

How often it needs to be applied?

Do my tires need to be scrubbed clean first?

And finally, is this a wet finish? It just says it leaves tires shiney.

Thanks!

Hey dbortolini01,
Great questions!

1.We’re referring to “sling” as the residue that tends to spray up onto your panels/paint while you drive after applying a dressing to your tires. Most petroleum-based dressing sit on-top of your tire and once the wheel spins from driving, the dressing flies off and lands on your paint. Since this product is water-based, after 20 minutes it actually bonds to the tire.

2.It’s hard to answer this question as every environment differs. If you live in an area where it doesn’t rain much, it should last weeks. If the tires are exposed to rain, mud, etc. it will not last as long and need to be reapplied.

3.Yes, the tires need to be cleaned first. It is primarily a dressing/protectant.

4.Yes, this leaves them looking wet. It isn’t one of those “hyper-shiney, see myself in the reflection” type dressings. We believe it is the perfect amount of “wet look”.

If you have any other questions about any of our products, please feel free to contact us. We LOVE talking to car guys… especially the ones who are OCD about keeping them clean! :wink: