eMachines AMD Dual Core Desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium

the pic of the back doesn’t show a HDMI port, but you could add a card that has one.

No.

One deal, one day, like the main site. This one is paired with Yahoo somehow, which makes it more, um, selloutier?

Don’t take it personally - Woot usually removes posts only to keep the forum informative (unless someone actually posts something abusive). For example, last night they removed one of my posts because I posted the same link as someone else (beaten to it again!).

They also prune off-topic posts, to keep the thread more readable (especially on the first 2 pages). Of course, this reply isn’t off-topic, because it contains this nifty link to a processor comparison.

:slight_smile: Happy Wooting!

[MOD: I see what you did there.]

I bought a model that is basically the same as this from Woot last week. I am using it to type this comment. So far, it works great. I couldn’t ask for more. I upgraded the power supply to a 520 watt (you should have seen the one that came in it… it weighed about 2 pounds, the new one is pretty heavy [sign of good quality]). I also upgraded to an ASUS EN9500GT 1GB graphics card. I have played WoW with the lowest FPS being 60 (with no settings adjusted, Vertical Synch enabled, etc.). Streams 1080p from youtube perfectly to my 52" Sony Bravia over HDMI (new graphics card). I also ordered a second DVD drive, but it hasn’t arrived yet. There is no case fan, so I will probably end up buying one. It hasn’t been too hot yet, but I haven’t really stressed the graphics card or CPU too much. Ultimately, I paid 299.99 + shipping for mine from Woot. I wish I would have waited a week just to save the money! I would recommend this computer to anybody upgrading from XP, a single core processor, etc. It will blow you away. I have had the same XP laptop for 5 years, so it doesn’t really take 8gb ram to satisfy my computer needs. This computer is perfect for what I need (web browsing, multimedia, gaming [after graphics card installation]).

Buy it!

To add 4GB RAM it will cost $99.99 from Crucial, just in case you’re wondering…

Plug in a $70 video card and a $60 tuner card, and you have a nice HTPC/DVR that will also surf the net and play some games in big screen hi def when you hook it up to your tv.

dang it, im short by 250 dollars

I’m in for one.

I need a replacement/upgrade from my 1.4G Asus A7V333 machine. Too slow to play Star Wars Battlefront with my two boys.

An Asus MB/CPU combo would put me at about the same price range as this computer.

A Square Trade warranty will be purchased on it. If it dies on me, I am not really out much.

Looks like a good machine for the buck.

Adding a $15 tuner card (wootoff) and a $35 graphics card (9500GT with a rebate from newegg),I have a great HTPC based on one of these emachines ($230 woot)
Pasted from the other discussion about this on deals.woot (this needs changing, why have duplication?)

What’s the warranty on this thing?

Probably not, you need to take into consideration what power supply this machine has. Probably need a 450w for any decent video card. This machine probably has a 300w.

What power supply did you buy?

90 Day eMachines

Shipping Update

eMachines AMD Dual Core Desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Rcvd mine today.