eMachines Athlon Desktop Computer with Windows 7 Home Premium

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us: what do you want, a medal?

eMachines Athlon Desktop Computer with Windows 7 Home Premium [Refurbished] - $239.99 + $5 shipping

1 * eMachines EL1331G-01w Athlon 2850e 1.8GHz, 2GB, 320GB, DL DVD±RW, Windows 7 Home Prem

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

this would be a good computer for parts to build another, faster, more powerful computer

eMachines site

woah I’ve never heard of a computer that can make coffee before. Wouldn’t that cause overheating???

It looks like it doesn’t have much in the way of expandability. A single PCIe X1 slot and I believe another PCI slot.

Still it looks like it would be a decent machine for messing around with Linux.

Seems like such a waste to have Windows 7 64-bit with only 2GB of RAM though.

Woot had a better deal on a more powerful eMachines refurb on Nov. 16, 2009. And it was $10 cheaper than the current deal.

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3576118

if you look into the reflection of the front view of the computer, you can get a glimpse into the world of Woot! :open_mouth:

You’d be better starting off from scratch.

To head off speed complaints:

The speed of this computer is FINE. I have a 1.33GHz Pentium 3 that runs Windows 7. Don’t listen to complaints about speed if all you’re doing is viewing the web and reading email.

If I needed a cheap little computer I’d have no problem buying this. The processor and RAM are fine.

It is a good starter PC at a decent price. My daughter (4 yo) LOVES it!

Shoot, seeing as how a copy of Windows 7 is $199, this is practically a free computer.

Even if its crappy, can it be much crappier than a computer that didn’t even come with a version of Windows that was upgradeable to Windows 7 for free?

News Flash… woot! staff lashes out at illiterate idiots that don’t read their product write ups… film at eleven.

No… it would not. There is little value in any of the parts in this system to build a more powerful computer.

This is nothing but a light web browser and email reader with the ability to play some casual games; great for anyone over 65.

Windows 7: good.
2Gb RAM: good.
Athlon: not so good.
PS/2 mouse: huh? Who even makes those anymore?

Too bad it doesn’t have a PCIe x16 slot… could’ve been upgraded to a neat little HTPC.

Mfr. page: http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=EL1331G-01w

After the woot faithful answer my questions w/out me asking…I’ll pass. Thank goodness there’s a community that helps the “not as knowledgeable” users!

Price is nothing to write home about.

What is wrong with an Athlon exactly? Like I said, I’m running Windows 7 on a Pentium 3.

Also, what’s wrong with PS/2 mice? All you’re going to be doing is plugging it into this computer - it can still take USB mice. I don’t see the issue here.

uhh… i just bought an e-machine from walmart with 750 gb, 6g ram 2.7 athalon and windows 7 for 399! oh btw it wasn’t a refurb!