eMachines Athlon Dual-Core Desktop

I used to have one of these a while ago and I know they have a problem of not shutting down properly (it happened to me as well)

This seems perfect for a HTPC. Add a cheap GPU and a TV tuner, and you are good to go.

shiny means better right?

Product web site.

Here it is at Walmart

scrap it for parts

Before someone asks this computer is not good for gaming at all. I bought one of those for my parents and it makes a great hulu/youtube machine.

I don’t know about this. I had and E machine back in the day and I was VERY happy with it. But this deal…I guess if you have an extra monitor laying around…its a deal.

I forgot to mention that I was not/am not a gamer.

It does play WoW on lower settings but once you get into Dalran/Raids where a lot is going on it starts to chug and slow down a bit.

eMachines ET1331G-05W unboxing! - YouTube

It’s good for your child’s first computer.

You can download drivers here

But then again, who gets their child a desktop these days. Unless they are like 8.

Enough with the God D*mned AMD’s already… where are the Intel Quad Cores ?

Don’t plan on doing too much multitasking with the 1.6 gh amd processor. Everything else is great but the processor makes it more storage bound than having 2, or 3 larger applications. For a normal user though, internet or Office products are all that they ever have running

It doesnt mention if it has a PCI-E slot…

Is it a software or operating system problem, or a hardware issue?
A defective motherboard (or bad drivers) could interfere with shutdown…

Look at the pic that shows the motherboard.

There’s one open PCI-E x16 slot. It’s orange. You can’t miss it.

There’s also two short x1 slots.

You could drop a midrange GPU in this machine for cheap gaming… just upgrade the power supply first.
The processor isn’t the best, but it’ll get the job done in some games.