Email, email! Have you updated your email?

Likely excuse :laughing:

11 Likes

glass slipper shoes GIF

20 Likes

Done!

12 Likes

Hillary Clinton Email GIF by Election 2016

14 Likes

For those of you coming from a giveaway post, thought I would share some info I dug up when I was a little confused by a discrepancy I found where the main woot.com settings show the correct email address, but my preferences on forums.woot.com show some nonsense like “notify-amzn1.account.[gobbledygook]@woot.com”. This is expected according to a post from @ThunderThighs last summer: Unable to update email address - #6 by ThunderThighs

10 Likes

oh… um… post above me answerst the same :smiley:

Whyyyyyyy under profile/prefereces tab is there a not-my-email address listed with no way to change it? When I follow these instructions the appropriate email shows up… that’s good, right?

9 Likes

Ignore it. It’s just something to do with the forums and its not active. As long as you log into woot on the shopping site and your correct email is listed there, you’re good to go.

7 Likes

Some day maybe, we’ll enable email notifications here on the forums. To protect customer data, we assign a generic email to everyone and will use that to route emails from Discourse (forums company) and Woot. For now, it’s just there to confuse people.

Waiting for email notifications time: 3.5 years

12 Likes

Wait time for product search on Woot: A couple of millennia.

13 Likes

show off

9 Likes

Can’t we just enjoy they offer more than one item? I’m not done savoring that.

11 Likes

I cannot update as there is a recurring message that there is a problem with my password. BUT there are no instructions or information about your password protocols. SO FRUSTRATED

8 Likes

Hi there. Are you trying to change it or log in?

If trying to change it, could you try again with just normal characters (caps, lowercase, maybe a - @) and tell me the exact message? I know we accept dash and @

Also, found this:

7 Likes

Address is current

8 Likes

I followed the instructions as seen here for changing my email address. Got a response stating it could not currently be changed. No idea if it will be possible later. Confusing

9 Likes

@moderators please help to change my email address as I no longer have access to it. I sent an email to support@woot.com as per instructions in the sticky note/wiki above but all I get back is to change it via account settings. It’s like someone who is not reading my msg but simply copying and pasting a template. Can u help? Thx.

8 Likes

Hi there. Amazon did us wrong and took away our permissions to update emails. We’re close to getting them back. Could you ask again in about 2 weeks?

7 Likes

Im in the same boat. Looking for support on an order but emails are going to a non-existent email. No response to my email change request. Will check the thread for updates them, thanks.

8 Likes

“Woot! I bet I’ve been looking at that EXACT EMAIL CONJUNCTION, with my NAPSTER EMAIL ADDRESS. EVERY time I try to open my Napster email and make a date night for me and my boyfriend ZED , it just gets all confused and then shuts down.!” Urgh. Emails. Urgh. NAPSTER!

90S Internet GIF

9 Likes