Emeril by All-Clad Hard Anodized 8" & 10" Fry Pan Set

Per the features:
Oven safe to 450°F

I believe you but I also believe you are an outlier. “take care of them” includes a lot of thingsmost people can’t or won’t always do. No searing meats on high, no dishwasher, always use the correct oil… I stand by my advice to watch for deals like this and pounce, replacing nonstick pans before they get shaggy.

These are 8" and 10" - everywhere else I see a 8" and 12" set. I can’t even find where this product SKU exists anywhere else…

“Not recommended for induction cook-tops”

Anyone know why? Does that mean you can’t use these with the glass cooking surfaces, or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks!

Induction is different than glass cooktops.

Induction cooking heats a cooking vessel by electrical induction, instead of by thermal conduction from a flame, or an electrical heating element. For nearly all models of induction cooktops, a cooking vessel must be made of or contain a ferromagnetic metal such as cast iron or stainless steel. Copper, glass and aluminum vessels can be placed on a ferromagnetic interface disk which functions as a conventional hotplate.

In an induction cooker, a coil of copper wire is placed under the cooking pot and an alternating electric current is passed through it. The resulting oscillating magnetic field induces a magnetic flux, producing an eddy current in the ferrous pot, which acts like the secondary winding of a transformer. The eddy current flowing through the resistance of the pot heats it.

• from Wikipedia

Great, thank you!

Bought a set from Emeril 6 years ago, just like this (though, I don’t think it’s All-Clad). I have just started noticing the wear on my set. The non-stick coating is starting to not function as well as when I had first bought it. I’m buying these to replace the pans in my set and not have them look “mis-matched”. If they perform just like my old set, then I’ll get a good 6-7 years out of them. For me, that’s pretty good considering I’m a “heat-loving” cook - as in, I like to sear my steaks on high and finish off in my Breville… flash frying, all sorts of stuff in my Emeril cookware. I also cook 5 out of the 7 days of the week. If you cook less or don’t cook the same that I do, you may get longer performance times out of this set. :slight_smile: HTH

I could use these, I do have one question though. Do you still have to use nonstick safe utensils on these (like no metal spatulas)? Or has the technology of non-stick advanced since our family last got non-stick pans (which was before I moved out)?

As Scott mentions above, and I agree, any nonstick pan eventually becomes a “stick” pan. There is never a reason to spend good money on nonstick. As he suggests, treat them as disposables. So in answer to your question, I don’t know what the official specification on the coating is, but the gentler you treat it, the more life you will get out of it.

Me too. Thanks!

This is a time-capsule message to future wooters:

I received my pans today, and weighed my old 8" Emeril and the new.

Not good. Buyer beware.

Old 8" 860 grams
New 8" 540 grams

Wow.

Three quarters of a pound lighter gives it a completely different feel, and not in a good way.

The new handle is stamped sheet metal, not a forged, smooth, hand-friendly grip.

The all-clad heating performance is tbd, and I’m sure it will be fine for my modest needs. But don’t look for restaurant-quality heating.

Bottom line: meh, T-Fal quality. Which is fine, I’ve got some T-Fal for mac and cheese and all-in-one frozen dinners.

But this new Emeril stuff is not the hefty, comfortable stuff it used to be.

Not a one-to-one comparison, but FYI:

My Calphalon 10" 1110 grams
This Emeril 10" 830 grams

So… I really like these pans. Does anyone know a part number for a matching 12" pan? I would like to have a matching pan a bit bigger.

Thanks!