Emeril by All-Clad Tri-Ply 12-Pc Stainless Cookware Set

:tongue:

I’ll admit that it’s not the way I like to start my morning.

Have to learn to cook! No more leaving stuff in the pan: you have to keep stirring and/or always use light oil or butter to keep the food from sticking.

Fortunately, stainless steel pans can be cleaned to near-new if you do accidentally burn food in 'em (while most cheaper non-stick pans have to be tossed). I own a set of Calphalon Tri-Ply, and the two most important items you need with stainless pans are a Misto filled with olive oil and a can of Barkeeper’s Friend.

The great thing about stainless is that you CAN use metal utensils in them, whereas you should use ONLY wood and nylon in non-stick pans. Actually, I prefer really sturdy wooden utensils with my stainless pans, because I don’t like the metal-on-metal scraping sound.

I bought an Emeril All-Clad set almost 10 years ago. It’s a great set, but I did some research and found out that the reason the Emeril line isn’t as expensive as regular All-Clad is because it is not made in the US. Check out FAQ number 15 here: http://emerilware.com/faqs.php

With that being said, my set (non-copper core) has held up really well over the years.

Looks like there was a sale in October 2013, otherwise the price has been consistent.

Recently purchased this set from Amazon Warehouse, listed as used but was clearly a return. Very please even at $179. Looked for a couple weeks for a better deal on this highly rated set and did not find a lower price anywhere. Many comparisons have this set comparing favorably with others costing several times as much, including the All-Clad branded set.

Can’t find this anywhere maybe the moderator can help, is this set triple ply all the way up or just the bottom. I know someone earlier said the bottom only but that was an older set

Had an Emeril branded knife break in half while trying to crush a garlic bulb. Not sure if the quality of these other items that he’s sold his name to are any better??? Probably not.

If you watch the video on this page, he says it’s the entire pan.

I inherited a very similar set (if not the exact same) from my parents a few years back. They changed sets complaining that handle on the lids became to hot to handle without protection (it’s a metal handle on a glass lid). I agree with their findings. The lid requires a hotpad to lift it once it gets hot.

I have the same pans as you. Yes to both of those suggestions; and also white vinegar. If you’ve got cooked-on gunk in a stainless steel pan, pour a little vinegar in it while the pan is still hot, and scrape it immediately with a spatula. The gunk will mostly come right off. Saves a lot of elbow grease with that Barkeeper’s Friend later.

If I had it to do over again I’d have skipped the Calphalon and spent the extra money to get real All-Clad.

If you’re not used to cooking with stainless steel, you might wanna rethink this set. I have had a complete set of Emerilware for over 10 years and finally gave up trying to prevent sticking & burning after discovering Calphalon anodized nonstick. I finally enjoy cooking (a little!) and my husband says it’s given us a new lease on our marriage. =)

Learn to cook people. It’s not difficult. As with many things in life, it’s all about the heat, the lube, patience and practice!

My first set of cookware was a 5-ply SS clad set – lasted 35 years. Still in great shape, except for a few handles that have cracked. I upgraded to All-Clad d5, and I can’t believe the people grousing about sticking food in the reviews.

Back to this line. I have the large 4 qt saute pan. Works great and has held up well over five years. My only comment is the glass lid & the lid handle gets hot & it’s difficult to get a pot holder through the loop.

We received the cheaper set that is on Amazon for $179 for our wedding 4 years ago and love them. It was between this or the more expense Calphalon. We went with these partially because they are lighter in weight. Our set even has clever designs like pour spouts on the saucepans and strainers built into the lids.

No, but it is illegal in most places.

Commas are our friends, Dr. Lecter. :slight_smile:

I had this set for years (lost it in a breakup). Absolutely best set. The Emeril by Pro-Clad is made by All-Clad in China. (All-Clad is made in the USA). But it’s made the same way and excellent quality. You MUST take good care of this set. I would not put it in the dishwasher (even though it says dishwasher safe). And use barkeeper’s friend on it to keep it looking new. But I highly recommend this set. I just made this purchase myself.

I have several pieces by All-Clad but not from this line. Generally, I’ve found All-Clad products are unmatched in quality and performance. That being said, there are some pieces one has to watch out for, such as their cheaper roasting pan that is a single layer of stainless steel, not ‘clad.’ It may look nice in the oven and will roast well but you can forget making a pan sauce with the drippings on the stove top; it will quickly burn and leave you with a helluva job cleaning it.

That being said, I’m a little wary of the disk bottoms on this set. These allow the pans to heat well but the temp can also be harder to manage and will lead to a lot of burning around the edges if not watched carefully. Cladding means that there are one or more layers of aluminum or copper sandwiched between the steel layers to improve the pan’s heat conductivity. The cladding also extends up the sides as well as the bottom to prevent the edge burning.

Yes! And dump some baking soda down the sink drain before you pour out the hot vinegar, and you’ll have cleaned and refreshed your sink drain/garbage disposal at the same time!

called all-clad this is full clad aluminum all up the side. inside is 18/10 outside is 18/0. the rep says this is standard on all all-clad that is induction compatible and the 18/0 is what makes it so.

I’m concerned about the Emeril All-Clad Cookware. The details say it’s suitable for induction stove top. We have two sets of Emeril Cookware and one set works and the other does not. If we buy this and it does not work, can we get full refund for purchase and S/H to return?

According to the Emeril site noted above and this one, it’s all the way up the sides.