Emerson 22" 720p LCD HDTV

thanks uncle!!! how do you give you a quality post now? lol

So I cant hook up cable to it directly from the wall and get all of my cable channels?

i bought this tv last week and the company still hasn’t processed it through shipping. can anyone tell me how long it takes before they ship a product? please.

Hiya!
Orders can sometimes still take up to 5 business days to process and ship. Hope that helps!

Just got mine today. what a disapointment of the quality of the product.

The front of the tv is full of minor scratches. It looks like used more than reconditioned.

To make it worst, It is missing the base!

Anyone knows who should I call?

Sorry for the problems. Please email service@woot.com so they can give you some options.

received tv today by ups,was wrapped in bubble wrap,box a little beat up,tv had lite scuff marks on front,came with book,remote,base,screws for base,…no batterys!!! you will need 2-AAAs…powered up tv,…and it picked up 23 free channels!!..iam happy nice pic also…thanks woot tech!!

WHHAAAAAT? Got mine today-by far the fastest woot item that I have ever ordered. I was expecting the usual 1-month "Smart"post wait.

Scary, huh?

In our continued efforts to improve shipping, we use a variety of shipping methods such as drop shipping (direct from vendor) and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA). When using FBA, we instruct our vendor to deliver the product to one or more fulfillment centers from which the product will then be shipped. Please note that we are not part of the Prime or Super Saver Shipping program.

But for my problem, I emailed service@woots.com on 8/7/2012
about the missing parts of my order. they asked me if I checked the entire box? I replied yes that I already checked and they never get back to me what can I do with this incomplete product…

Do you know is there a number I can call and get the answer straight?

Sorry, but we do not offer phone support. I’m sending you a PM for more information.

Horrible purchase! The sound quality is terrible and distorted. The picture is very poor quality. I am very disappointed. Really needed a TV but could not afford one. This deal came in like a “dream come true.” However the product is a “nightmare.”

Have you contacted the manufacturer? They might be able to assist in this matter.