Emerson 32" LCD HDTV

This TV will not work with Dish Network Universal Remote–I bought one from Wal-Mart a few months ago and called Dish Network and Emerson both and Emerson even told me is would not work with the Dish Network Universal Remote. Picture was fine but took it back since I didn’t want to have to use two remotes.

HEY WOOT! IM HAVING “WOOT OFF WITHDRAWL!!!” AND I ALSO NEED SOME BAGS OF CARP! SCHEDULE SOME FUN SOON PLEASE!

You’re wrong on many levels here. First, sitting doesn’t put any “kinks” in your colon. Second, unless you’ve been backed up for days when you poo, it is coming from your rectum, NOT your colon. If there’s no poo in your rectum you aren’t going to have the urge to go.

Squatting does increase the pressure in the abdominal cavity which is why it practically flies out of you when you squat. When you sit on a Western style toilet you have to apply a lot of muscular effort (valsalva) to increase the pressure in the abdominal cavity.

Trust me, I know about this. Three generations of my family have died on the toilet. I don’t intend to be the 4th.

You’re hiding the Internet in your bedroom? Let’s see that AT&T guy find it there!

1. There is no “official” standards based way to measure contrast ratio across the board, but there different tests to do it and they offer a pretty good idea…

1000:1 is bad any way you look at it. Specially when an extra 300.00 (maybe a lot for some?) gets you a Samsung with 10 times that.

1. that “nick” kid with the Obama comment… yeah, you’re a retard.
    :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Woot-ing!

(Woot edited a word, guess which one :slight_smile:

I got hit in the dangling participles once by a rogue turnstile…not fun!

Holy crap, I can’t believe I did that! I’m usually a grammar ■■■■ when it comes to that, and the there/their stuff! One resume that I reviewed for a pilot applicant had the your/you’re, there/their, its/it’s trifuckta and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get that out of my head! (In the end, he wasn’t hired). I’m blaming my mix up on Costco not having Redbull!

I work for Funai(OEM), which produces this brand of LCD TVs, so I am really getting a kick out of these replies…

Do you sit 8-10 feet away from your computer monitor?

Here’s the straight poop on Emerson:

These sets are made by Funai, a Japanese company with manufacturing in China, Mexico, Malaysia, etc.

I have a 32" Samsung “touch of color” and it has a 15000 to 1 ratio contrast. Has 3 HDMI outputs and is 1080P. Also cost twice as much though.

You guys are killing me(laughing from some of the posts), so I had to post.

Not a bad TV for a college kid. A friend of mine has this TV and has no problems with it so I forwarded it on to another friend looking for a budget friendly HDTV under 40in. Good bang for the buck IMHO. Good day all!

Waaaaaaaaay too much info.

Anyone familiar with Devanagiri script? Does it say “paschima kylee”? My Hindhi is rusty.

Anyone know if I can also use this as my computer monitor? (as I age, I like big screens) - thanks in advance for your advice. craig

no. it is just the measurement of it that is arbitrary.

personally i would pass on this, kind of like westinghouse hdtv’s or them store brands. i don’t have any faith in them. however, it is an ok deal and would be good in a kids room or whatever. remember, we really need to add to our carbon footprint by buying an atsc tuner tv by 2/17/2009 anyway!

Yes you can connect a computer via S-Video cable

The manual (linked previously posted thanks) says max consumption of 165W.

Has anyone with this TV measured the actual elec consumption (on, stand-by)?

FYI easy way to do that is with a Kill-a-Watt meter.

Been thinking that replacing my 26" CRT with a new LCD would lower my elec bill (a plasma definitely not)… but not at 165W!

Thanks!

I don’t think enough people have said this, so let me reiterate, 720p is ok for a 32 inch monitor.