Emerson 32" LCD HDTV

Regardless of whether people can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p a 1000:1 contrast ratio is not good, even for a 32 inch.

For the size that it is, 720 is fine.

But this is still bleh.

I feel relatively certain that whoever wrote the Product Description for Woot was on some type of mind-altering drugs. Not that there’s anything wrong with that… :wink:

Yes, folks, 1080p is unnecessary for a TV this size, and you won’t find it on any competitors’ 32" offerings either. So faulting this for lacking 1080p is hardly fair. Fault it for other things if you must, but be reasonable.

Here’s some Cnet user opinions:

just for the info one of the language displayed on the tv is hindi.

720p is fine for a 32"

So, what’s wrong with a cheap feel?

That shot is from Darjeeling Limited!

I have a 90" projection HDTV 720p. I have serious doubts that I would see the difference between my 720 and a 1080 (unless there was a quick pan scene).

I am looking at something to replace the ‘on it’s way out’ old 27 inch television that I bought in 1996 that is in the bedroom.

This is good enough for that, right?

This seems a good size, and seems a good price, but i am concerned about warranty on refurbs.

VERY GOOD REVIEW:

http://www.marklangenfeld.com/2007/06/02/product-review-emerson-lc320em8-32’’-lcd-tv/

Emerson (Funai)= poorest QC/junk

They didn’t honor my warranty on a VCR and CD player and just didn’t care abt offering any assistance. You’ve been warned.

Video Review:

Isn’t contrast ratio an arbitrary measurement? I don’t believe there is a standard, so are not these numbers pulled out of someone’s arse?

Emerson sucks without Lake and Palmer…

Someone posted a “Timey Wimey” comment and now it is gone…

Anyways, love the Doctor Who and Star Trek references.

My theory is that Star Trek episodes are just actors portraying the actual events that will happen in the future.

i have had this tv since christmas. the picture is great. the sound is ok. it’s been a good tv. the company, symphonic, was bought out by emerson (or vice-versa), and my tv actually says symphonic on the bottom. i bought it for $459 on the day after thanksgiving sale at wal-mart. the big downfall to this tv is there is only one hdmi output, which means you would have to buy a switcher to run multiple hdmi cables (like a dvd player or gaming system). great for the price. i am going to recommend my buddies to check it out.
on a side note: i did have to take my first set back. for some reason, the damned thing stop working after a day. the 2nd set has been great.

You are probably right, especially if it only says “contrast ratio” I thought there was some sort of standard with a static contrast ratio but I’m sure. The picture also has a lot to do with the Comb Filter as well.

Great review! Thanks for the helpful information.

“only one hdmi output”
Do you mean HDMI input?
Looks like your first set is for sale here today.