Emerson Ice Maker

**Item: **Emerson Ice Maker
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Emerson Ice Maker)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Emerson Ice Maker)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/19/2013 - $55.99 (Woot-off) - 0 comment(s)
1/24/2013 - $79.99 - 39 comment(s)
12/27/2012 - $79.99 (Woot-off) - 3 comment(s)

Check out this video review over at youtube [youtube=IX53o7rlPAU][/youtube]

Thank you! That had exactly what I wanted to know.

Picked this up before when it was on Woot and has been awesome when combined with my margaritaville blender. Picking another one up for my mum.

Who doesn’t live within a 2 minute drive of a quickie mart that sells ice, anyhow??

WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

There was once a boy named Derrrick who liked dragons much, and he had dragon posters all over his bedroom. Then, one night he thought he saw something flying outside of his bedroom, so he entered the bedroom of his parents and said to his parents, “Parents, I am afraid off a beast that is outside my window with wings.” His parents were bad parents, and so they said, “We don’t care about you, Derrrick! Go back to your sleep room and don’t make us bothered again!” So Derrrick did just that! He never made them bothered again because when they checked on him in the morning, they found that he was gone eaten by a dragon.

“Oh no!” Said Derrrick’s mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For morning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrrick’s family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN’T FAKE! If you don’t repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it’ll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

we have an ice maker (MAYBE THIS VERY BRAND) in our little writers’/community room.

the market exists.

I run a construction business. We have 3 trucks and I grab the ice for them everyday when its 90+ which it already is this year.
I spend about $40 a week on ice, so this would pay for itself in 2 weeks if I could find a way to store the ice. 2.2 lbs would be a lot of unloading/storing to get the 26 pounds a day max it makes which we would need most of. So it is a good deal and bad deal at the same time in my case.

I bought this back when they were on last time, back in January. It has lasted making ice for the time being, but it makes a horrendous noise every time it fills the tray with water to make ice. If they were able to put a quieter motor on it, it would have been my favorite appliance in the house.

It makes ice really fast. I usually have some gallon bags that I fill and put in my freezer if I think I will need a lot of ice for company coming over or to put in ice chests.

I bought this last time around with a refurbished cooper can cooler. Between the two I am a happy camper, adding in the ice shaver I picked up awhile back the little one is happy too. It’s quite nice. However it does take awhile to fill up, and is NOT insulated. On large cube size it takes 1.5-2hrs to go from empty to full of ice. Depending on your ice usage this might not work for you.

WARNING! This is REAL! If you stop reading this at any time a tragedy will befall on you or your family members! Keep reading until the very end to be in safety! This is very importance!

There was once a boy named Derrrick who liked dragons much, and he had dragon posters all over his bedroom. Then, one night he thought he saw something flying outside of his bedroom, so he entered the bedroom of his parents and said to his parents, “Parents, I am afraid off a beast that is outside my window with wings.” His parents were bad parents, and so they said, “We don’t care about you, Derrrick! Go back to your sleep room and don’t make us bothered again!” So Derrrick did just that! He never made them bothered again because when they checked on him in the morning, they found that he was gone eaten by a dragon.

“Oh no!” Said Derrrick’s mother, because she had always secrecy loved him a lot because he was her only son and she was a great mom. For morning, she decided to spent the night in his room, and she also got eaten by a dragon also! The next night his father slept in his room because he was sad too now because his wife had been died by a dragon, and he got dragon eaten too.

Now, every week on the days of the time the dragon ate Derrrick’s family, the dragon comes back to eat another family. This ISN’T FAKE! If you don’t repost this into the comments section of any Woot sale in the next ten minutes it’ll be your family that gets the eaten by a dragon!

Not worth the money and Emerson will NOT stand behind their product when this refurbished junk quits working. Avoid this refurbished product as I had to learn the hard way and am now stuck with an ice less beverage.

*** BUYER BEWARE ***
I got one of these through Woot about 2 years ago. It continually faulted before any ice popped out. The unit tried to work, but just didn’t. Ended up throwing it away :frowning: Also, it is MUCH larger than it appears in the picture. Certainly not a countertop unit for the kitchen.

We bought one from woot over a year ago and it is still going strong. I set it up about once a week and with a gallon of distilled water make enough ice for the week.

Got tired of replacing the in-fridge ice makers when they would break down so this has been a good solution for us.

Had bought a brand new one in the past (also an Emerson) and it stopped working within a week. Ironically, the refurb unit has done the job.

I purchased this the last time it was up. I waited a month or so before getting it out and trying it out. The unit did OK for about one month and then it died. Had it in my office break room. Contacted Woot for a replacement and they said…Sorry! past the 90 day warranty. So, it lasted a month before dying and Woot was absolutely NO HELP at all. I’ve found this with several situations. They love to sell but not to help after the sale!

I purchased the Igloo version (if you look hard enough, you will see that there are many many re-brands of this same “countertop ice maker” out there) and we still use it each time we have a decent size gathering (20+ people). It is definitely insulated, and as long as you keep it turned on it will make and keep ice as long as you keep water in it or when people stop taking the ice. It is not refrigerated, so the ice will slowly melt although the ambient temp inside the ice maker is cold and it is not a fast melt; even so, as it does melt, the water goes right into the tank to create ice again. The unit is very handy, however I would never use it to create enough ice to put in a cooler, it is just not that fast - this is much better for filling glasses as needed. It is fairly large, and will take up some counter space, but will fit on a kitchen counter without a problem. I find it is perfect for setting out and getting started about an hour before people arrive, on the large cube setting, and place it over by the two-liter bottles and red solo cups. People love it and using the scoop makes for a perfect solution versus a cooler of melting ice.

For the construction worker guy. This unit won’t work for that application. You’d be better off going to Sears and buying a real stand alone ice maker for $1400 that would last for years and make the ice amounts you will need in a short time. I have a Manitowoc at my house that makes 50+ pounds a day and I think I paid around $1400 for it online. Very great machine.

Junk. Bought 3 during the last sale. 2 were defective.

Bought one at the WootOff for $55.00. Love, love, LOVE it. We get it out once a week and run a gallon of water through it. Store the ice in gallon bags and it lasts us the week. We just let it run while we do housework, which is what’s the plan for today. If I’d only known how handy it would be, I’d have bought one a long time ago.