Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone - 4 Colors

**Item: **Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone - 4 Colors
Price: $24.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone - 4 Colors)

[Search Google](Emile - Google Shopping Henry Flame Pizza Stone - 4 Colors)

Many great reviews at Amazon

Figue? Figme?

All of the one and two star reviews indicate fragility, as well as a lot of the three star, and even some 4 star reviews. I didn’t parse all the 5’s, but I’m reading a lot of cracks, uneven glaze, and handle loss. :frowning: I really liked the looks of this one, but I think I’ll have to pass.

I LOVE this ceramic! I have a number of pieces that I’ve paid full price for. I’ve been using Flame ceramics for at least 4 years.

It’s lighter than metal or other ceramics but holds heat and disburses it evenly like cast iron. It takes the full flame of the range and the hottest temps your oven can achieve. I also have a larger flat piece similar to this pizza stone that I use directly on the BBQ grill. It also cleans up like a breeze in the sink or the dishwasher.

I think this is a great deal and I wish they were including pieces I don’t already own.

I prefer its sister: Joss Stone.

Perfect reviews over at macys.com

Lots of very good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at williams-sonoma.com

I really do need one of these, but after the Emile Henry Baking Stone shipping debacle (where I received a box of Baking Pebbles and Dust, instead - twice!), I’m really going to have to think about this. A lot.

We’ve taken great precautions with shipping these orders this time around.

Here are some pictures depicting the shipping new shipping process:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

The picture makes it look like a Whoopie Cushion - LOL!

Dammit! Now I want a pizza.

Happy to say that mine from a previous woot arrived in one piece.

Don’t do it!

My first 2 boxes were just like yours - broken stones. Their upgraded packaging isn’t much better and my third order of 2 a month later also arrived broken. The packaging of something so fragile leaves much to be desired.

The folks at woot have a great sense of humor. A week after my third order of baking stones arrived broken due to the very poor packing they received, my order of 7 dozen golf balls(items meant to be hit with iron clubs and virtually indestructible) arrived with air bags packed inside. Very funny indeed!

Edit: Those pics show a different type of packing than what I rec’vd with my last order of baking stones. Definitely better but unless you’re filling those empty spaces in that new box with peanuts or airbags, I’d say you’re still doing it wrong.

As soon add I Chan get out to my grill to measure it’s dimensions, I’m in for one (or maybe even two!) If it will fit!!!

Channeling the woot goddess : don’t sell out, don’t sell out, don’t sellout!,!!!

It’s great that you’ve changed the shipping box, but you failed to show the carrier that will deliver your Emile Henry package…

:wink:

I too received a broken ceramic stone last time. However, I am going to give it another go - as WOOT immediately refunded me in full AND didn’t ask me to ship the broken 4 individual pizza sized stones back…

Plus the last WOOT was rectangle which gave the Carrier 4 distinct corners to have fun with…

ROGETRAY Thanks for your carefully illustrated picture display of the packing process - but just noticed something…
How do you get a ROUND stone in a RECTANGLE box?!?!

Well, I guess I’m in for one myself. Considering over on SD I wound up with a pizza peel and this exact stone was what was recommended to me as a pizza stone (by two different users) and I was seriously considering it at $50, I guess I can’t pass this up…

Here’s hoping I only get one piece.