Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone - 4 Colors

I’m hoping not the same way I used to get those square pegs in the round holes… Hammer Time!

Why not just use the retail packaging? I ended up buying one locally after receiving 2 shipments of ceramic shards from woot and imagine my surprise when it actually came in a retail box that ensured it was packed well. Sure, I paid 2x as much but since woot was 0-for-4 and I wanted the stone, not more deadly sha ceramic shards

I’d be reassured if the “new” packaging that is shown was for the round stone, not for the rectangle. Round stone, square hole?

You can see the Pizza Stone box sitting on edge in the middle right of Step 1. It’s cheaper to make square boxes than round ones. :tongue: Also, non-printed brown boxes are less expensive than printed retail boxes.

These photos were taken in the last couple weeks as the vendor hand packed each and every stone for our order.

I just spent 60.00 on a rectangle grill stone for my bbq and I love it. We use it for small items that may fall thru the grates and for pizzas and tarts on the bbq.
I must add that clean up is a breeze with this pizza stone.

If I didn’t already have one that my wife paid ~2x for,I would get one. They are great and have handled the heat from both the gas and the nearly 600°F from the charcoal on my kamado style grill. The glaze has a crackled texture (by design?) so I don’t understand the review saying it has “crackled”. This is much easier and cheaper than getting a dedicated outdoor wood oven.

The Woot listing for this product says it has a limited lifetime warranty, but the product listing from the Emile Henry website says 10 years:

Product page: Pizza Stone | Emile Henry USA | Made In France

That must be some hella awesome new packaging, Woot! :slight_smile:

The only reason I give a crap about the warranty is that I just had yet another pizza stone disintegrate in my hands last weekend. I seem to go through one every couple of years. But the ones I’ve used were unglazed - maybe that makes the difference??

Looks like the color of a Kalamata olive.

I bought this model from the mothership about 4 months ago. It arrived in perfect condition.

The stone works well cooking pizzas. The enameled finish makes it very easy to clean.

Figue

I Love it!

“… It’s cheaper to make square boxes than round ones…”

The defense rests your Honor

Here’s a company video, cheesy music but give you a nice idea of the size.

[youtube=WHSU4Z09-oE][/youtube]

I thought the exact same thing!

I would really love to get this stone, but after the shipping incident last time, I just don’t trust anything fragile from Woot anymore. Even the new packing process doesn’t take into account the wonderful people at UPS that practice juggling while simultaneously delivering packages. Note to Woot: It MIGHT help to put the word FRAGILE on the box, what with the ceramic, and the breaking, and the failure. Ended up buying a cheap-o Wal-Mart pizza pan after the debacle.

Ordered the rectangular stone last woot for my father (arrived with no damage). He loved it so much I ended up paying full price for one at Sur La Table for my father-in-law. These are awesome, seriouseats.com rated this stone to produce the crispest crust in their pizza stone testing

I’ll also note that these are excellent for grilling delicate items like fish and vegetables.
I’m in for 2

Why not just get a cast iron one
?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lodge-Pro-Logic-Cast-Iron-Pizza-Pan-With-Recipe-Card/12554410

I have a pizza stone (although a different brand) and it’s great for making nachos.

Putting FRAGILE on the box just means that they’ll only drop-kick it twice on it’s way across the sorting plant as opposed to the entire way.

TBH, Shipping delicate items requires lots n lots of padding, an agressive posture when boxing it up, and insurance. And even that won’t guarentee safe transit.

(I have horror stories of $2 million routing gear arriving from the factory with all the tip n tell indicators flagged, all the shock-watch stickers tripped, a boot print and a forklift tine- shaped hole in the crate, and nice dent on the chassis. We were not pleased.)

I’m sure these are great, and I’m really pleased to see Woot and the vendor working to make these arrive in one piece.

However, since I’ve had a few ceramic pizza stones break on me (one still going strong, thankfully) and have recently broken several Pyrex baking dishes, I’m gun-shy about ceramic/glass cookware. That’s why I’m holding out for a Baking Steel. Well, that and because Modernist Cuisine determined it to be the ideal surface.

Woot, get us a deal on some Baking Steel, um, baking steels, and I’m in. I’d prefer the 3/8" thickness :wink:

Wow! And here I was thinking that I was the only one the got two orders of Emile’s baking stones broken into little pieces. I would get this except I purchased the retangular stones because I had a pizza stone and wanted two baking sheet sized stones for cookies.

And what was worst about the whole debacle was that after contacting woot CS I was told that there was a woot off going on and I would have to wait and see if there were any left, if there were then they would send the replacment after the woot off at the end of the week, which they did, …another box of dust…then after having to wait until the woot off was over then the reshipping time, it was hurry up and wait for the refund.

How about it woot, some retangular one properly priced and PACKED PROPERLY would be nice!