Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone

**Item: **Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en+%26tbm=shop+%26q=Emile Henry Flame Pizza Stone)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
10/24/2013 - $19.99 (Woot-off) - 3 comment(s)
10/15/2013 - $19.99 (Woot-off) - 5 comment(s)
9/30/2013 - $19.99 - 29 comment(s)

10/29/2013 - $19.99 (Woot Plus)
10/18/2013 - $19.99 (Woot Plus)

Check out these comments from September

and

perfect reviews from macys.com

and

Almost perfect reviews from zappos.com

Very good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at williams-sonoma.com
Users had some problems with packing in previous sales for a similar (but not the same) stone, but it was All Cleared Up

I completely LOVE this ceramic – It’s lighter than enameled steel but has the same durability and holds heat evenly like clay while being impervious to temperatures much too high for conventional ceramics.

This is a GREAT price!

Great deal! Pizza lover’s unite and devour these! The Pepperoni Prime Minister commands thee!

I bought this stone a couple of weeks ago. I’ve only used it twice so far but I LOVE it. It takes the heat from the grill without cracking and it makes excellent pizza. Buy one!

Great Xmas gift! In for three.

Grabbed one of these from Woot in July for $24.99 to, hopefully, replace a clay stone I’d been using for years. Major issues w/ the old stone were a) time to temp and b) cleaning. I frequently finish cooking ½ of a par-baked pizza and the cheese baking onto the stone became an issue.
This ceramic stone heats in ~30 mins and is completely washable even w/ a scrubby. Instructions state you can use a cutter on it, but never tried it.
Simply da bomb. Don’t hesitate @ $20 bucks. Buy.

I’ve never quite understood how to use these. I make pizza frequently and pretty successfully by putting my pan on the bottom of my stove, then moving it to the middle of the stove about 10 minutes later.

How do you get the pizza onto the stone without burning yourself or dropping everything all over the oven?

This seems quite large, it’s not fitting in my oven for sure!

I’m assuming a peel.

I need a stone. My homemade pizza attempts fail miserably at cooking the bottom before burning the cheese to a crisp.

Cleaning? Why? That just ruins the ‘seasoning’ the surface obtains over time. That and given it’s in a 450F oven for a half-hour+ every time you use it, it’s not like it doesn’t get practically autoclaved free of bacteriological problems. Sure, it looks funky but so what?

Did I miss what temp this stone can handle? I just want to make sure it won’t crack at 650 degrees.

When I first started making pizza, I thought I’d need a stone. However, I’ve been using the perforated light steel pans for making pizza for a while.

I typically roll the dough, throw it on to the pan and then dress it up from there on the pan itself. I still get a crispy crust.

However, I make a thinner crust. If you make a thicker crust, the trick I was told was to roll the dough, then bake it for around 10 minutes, pull it out, dress it up and then cook it for another 20 minutes after.

As an aside, pizza is super easy when you get comfortable with bread. I usually make a modified French bread for my crust. Home made pizza is also significantly tastier than most store bought or delivered pizza.

I’d love to get one of these, but when I ordered the rectangular version from woot back in the spring it was poorly packed and arrived in pieces. They immediately shipped out another with no cushioning whatsoever, which arrived in more pieces. At that point I opted for a refund, but it still stings. Dare I try again?

Yes I had the same experience but this one arrived safely. Care instructions were missing though:
http://www.emilehenryusa.com/info/Pizza-Stone-Care.pdf

Ordered mine last time from Woot. Beautiful product, very high quality. Comes packaged in heavy cardboard that looks indestructible. Works perfectly. Get one

do try again. mine was packaged very well, it could not move a millimeter in the box

I have posted every time this comes for sale. Excellent product. Saw the exact same stone at a kitchen speciality store fr $49.95. Better than the beige stones that are out there because this seems to not be as porous as those and don’t stain like those do. Bought my first one at Woot and loved it so much I bought a second one during a Woot off. Follow the directions (available on line if you lose yours) and you can’t go wrong. Definately need a peel and lots of corn meal for a fool proof experience.