Energetic Lighting LED Bulbs, 6-Pack

Thank you. Will do that.

Home Depot has the 100 watt equivalent CREE LED bulbs, instant on, 3K lumen bulbs, for $20 a pop. Kinda pricy, which makes these Woot bulbs a better deal if you can live w/ less bright.

Are these LED lights approved for use in totally enclosed fixtures? Bought some FEIT Electric BPCEA19/OM800/LED (13.5 watt, 850 lumens)LED lights from Costco. They had pictures of enclosed lighting fixtures on the packaging. No warning not to use in enclosed fixtures on the packaging. However, the lights had writing on the side: “CAUTION. Suitable for damp locations. Not for use in totally enclosed luminaires.” I found this warning after a bulb burned out in less than a day in an enclosed pendant dining room light.

They’re delayed … by about half a second.

i have had one of these in a globe ceiling fixture since i bought them in november during a previous woot! sale. it’s given me no troubles thus far.

Daylight bulb remind me of working in a factory. Plus it makes everyone look sick and pasty.

Read the details carefully. Many of these LED-based light bulbs are NOT dimmable. If you like a dimmer switch, make sure you buy dimmable bulbs.

These don’t seem to be a bad deal through Woot, but you might check with your power company to see if they offer energy-saving incentives, such as low-cost LED (and even CFL, for some odd reason) bulbs, I reckon to reduce load. As an example, the Duke Energy store makes Cree 800 lumen LED capsule bulbs available to their customers for $2.97 each w/ free shipping, as well as other styles.

Now I’ve just got to figure out what to do with the houseful of CFL corkscrews I got from their similar deal several years ago…

Home Depot, $4.47, 2700K, 800 lumens, dimmable.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-SlimStyle-60W-Equivalent-Soft-White-2700K-A19-Dimmable-LED-Light-Bulb-E-452978/204730356

I’ve also tried a few different kinds of LED bulbs and putting one LED bulb and one incandescent in a lamp, some LED bulbs will have a slight delay turning on compared to regular incandescents.
They do turn on full brightness but they can be slightly slower to actually turn on.

thanks Have mutlitude glass ceiling fixtures…so will look into the BR30. any idea where to locate on-line?

I’ve purchased these before and they work OK and come on after a very short delay.
However, be aware that if you have a ceiling fan with a remote controlled light switch they may not work properly. I’ve had several hunter fans all with the same results…they don’t completely turn off. That being said, by adding 1 incandescent bulb and leaving the other two or 3 as led, everything works fine. Don’t bother calling Hunter, they pretend to be clueless.

That would be a good deal, but I see it as $8.97, not $4.47. Is there a coupon or other code to use?

I agree with this…
Daylight bulbs in the bathroom/laundry/kitchen/garage because the colors look more realistic.
Soft white is ok in bedrooms/living rooms/dinging rooms where their warm tones don’t hurt anything.

Meanwhile when I check it it’s $9.47. Is it a regional thing?

Looks like it is a store by store thing. Looking at three different stores in my zip code (about 5 miles apart), two have the sale price of $4.97, the other one does not, and shows $8.97.

Fantastic information! Took me a bit to get to where I could see the discounted price, but I’ll be going with that. :slight_smile:

Must be a regional thing. When I load that URL I see a regular price of 8.97 and that they’re currently $5 off, so for me it’s 3.97.

100 watt equivalent LED bulbs have only started appearing in stores in the past few months. It will be a while before they become more common and drop a bit in price.

For those talking color temperatures, 2700K looks brown to me and I hate it. I was starting to despair as 3000K CFL bulbs, especially for recessed lighting, have grown nearly impossible to find. I’m relieved that 3000K LED bulbs seem to be common.

They can be pricey, but still worth it depending on your usage. My living room’s $22 bulbs paid for themselves in under 2 years because they are on all the time.

I made a spreadsheet with every room, bulb type, wattage, LED wattage and cost. By doing some estimates on how long you leave the lights on its easy to prioritize LED replacements by time to payback.

If anyone is waiting on a deal for LEDs while burning an extra 82 watts per bulb, I hope they have the lights off.

Just retro-fitted our troffers in the basement room (those fluorescent 4 bulb fixtures in drop down ceilings) that I got on eBay - they were rated as the same brightness as the fluorescents but BOY they are much brighter! Have gotten used to the slight delay easily (nothing like the old ones) and using 1/4 the wattage for our model train layout. Am in the process of switching all of our bulbs (mostly Cree). As for the difference in color/ambiance, as an aging old lady - the improved visibility for tasks far outweighs any difference. Buying some of these today to put in our halls and closets. With partial use of LEDs in our home, our electric usage was already $20 less than last year - and that’s with a rate increase.