Energetic Lighting LED Bulbs, 6-Pack

Hello Wooters! This is Rob and I represent the manufacturer of these bulbs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Have a great day!

Hello, If you’re having any issues with our bulbs, please contact us so we can fix the problem. These lights are not made to enable any type of buzzing. There could be an issue with your fixture, or attempting to use a dimmer on a non dimmable bulb. Either way, please contact us so we can fix your issue. Have a great day!

We have over 30 million of these bulbs made, with no reported buzzing. I believe it is your fixture.

I apologize that you did not get a response from anyone here. I am happy to offer you a replacement on your defective bulb. Please contact us.

How can that be if lumens are the measure of brightness? A 100w bulb is usually 1600 lumens. I need strong light.

I got 20 of these lights for a bathroom that had a mirror surrounded by globe lights.

The lights are very bright, but do not work with SOME digital dimmers. I have Z Wave digital dimmers by GE and even though there were 20 on one circuit (which is a pretty good load) the dimmer would not work. I had to get a different one, by 2GIG which did work, but buzzes a little bit.

What’s worse is one of the bulbs started flashing like a turn signal when dimmed. I contacted Woot! about this, and they directed me to the manufacturer (in CA). Although someone did respond to my email they directed me to another person in the company for my replacement - I’ve now been waiting for over a month and nobody has gotten back to me.

My impression is that these are very cheap badly manufactured bulbs. They don’t work with some dimmers because the electronics in the bulb are inferior.

I would NOT buy them again just based on how they pretty much ignore customers and low quality.

So far, so good. I bought them last time they were on WOOT to replace the bulbs in my hard-to-reach fixtures. They work fine, and my house is 100 years old with crazy Chicago building code wiring and antique ceiling fixtures. The light is less harsh than my old CFLs. I have quite a few fixtures that require E12 candle bulbs, and really wish I could find a good source of them. Hint-Hint. (I have about 15 of them in various lamps and fixtures… and find myself buying a pack of replacement bulbs at least every other month.)

I am a lighting designer for a lighting manufacturer, and not associated with Woot or Energetic. There are multiple reasons for the lower lumens of an LED bulb to still be equivalent to a a 100 watt incandescent.

First is LED lamps are directional, whereas incandescent lamps are not. You use a reflector, globe, or other means to direct the light in the area you want it to go. As the light bounces around, you lose a percentage of light from this transfer. Same with it passing through a glass globe or other means of directing an incandescent light. So in ceiling mount applications, an incandescent lamp will provide xx lumens in all directions, but less is delivered in the area you want to illuminate. LEDs on the other hand deliver more in the direction you want to illuminate, thus appear to be brighter even with less lumens.

The next confusing part is lumens. The “1600 luemns” you stated is the mean lumens for that specific lamp when it is brand new. That number actually varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The incandescent lamps we use in our handlamps here are actually rated at 1200 mean lumens, not 1600. The longer the lamp is used, this number decreases. So the effective lumens over time is lowered. It may have been 1600 when you first installed it, but it could be 1000 or 800 lumens by the time the lamp burns out, which is a short period of time.

LED lamps not only have a longer lamp life than incandescent or CFLs, but the lumen retention is outstanding. Our LED products typically have a 70% lumen retention after 50,000 hours. If this was offered in a higher color temp, I would be purchasing some for myself. The price is great for the qty. Just not a fan of the lower color temps.

What is good about them? Why are they better than other cheaper led bulbs?

We’ve seen a whole string of UTTERLY-TINY/NO-REAL-ILLUMINATION STANDARD-BASE Incandescent Bulbs, that can be used on a deck or garden, etc., outside. If we buy that string, and then replace the incandescents with these, can these bulbs be placed long-term outside? They’d basically be pointing DOWN, so water would not run down the bulb into the socket…

Good Morning,
Please note that these bulbs are NON DIMMABLE, and that may be the reason for your issues.

These bulbs are damp rated, but not wet rated.

While I appreciate your interest in replacing the bulbs I had issue with, like a couple other wooters here, I have had a terrible experience with this product and company. I will be using a different vendor for my bulbs, and recommend that others do as well.

Amdiz

Thanks, I get the idea, but like you I like the high temp “daylight” bulbs.