Energizer Hard Case Professional LED Headlight

I love cree leds

Wolfspeed - Wikipedia.

Bought 3 to add to the 2 I bought earlier.
Works well with the diffuser on. With the diffuser off and retracted, it reflects a little into my eye if it is pointed down.

For those who think this is heavy, I have another one (Coleman?) that has the batteries in the headlamp. Now that is heavy.

I’ve bought about 5 other brands but this by far is the best, which is why I’m buying 3 more.

The diffuser is used almost all the time, unless there is something beyond 15 feet that I want to illuminate brightly. I have a Rayovac with a single LED that I used to use all the time. The problem with that one was that the beam was so tight, I spent too much time readjusting the lamp angle. With the Energizer, it illuminates everything in front of me without having to aim the beam precisely.

Every review I can find sounds pretty good, I’m a fan of Cree LEDs as well.

What’s up with the green pipe inspection mode though? I hear it once in a while but can’t find any website that explains why it’s better. Does water reflect green really brightly or something?

Or maybe they’re talking about maximizing that ire vibe while smoking in the dark w/ your 4/20 pipe?

I own 3 I bought pre-woot appearance, these are great lamps, drooped This on one causing only cosmetic damage. I keep one in each of my tool boxes (personal car, Work truck and home). At about 100 lumens they are bright enough and light enough to keep your hands and eyes on the job.

Very, very, very tempting!

Seems like a really cool toy!!! And all the feedback is just screaming “get one”…

The problem is, I can think of absolutely no rational way to use it, and hence justify $20 to my wife…

• I don’t do spelunking
  • I don’t read at night under the cover, and if I do read at night, its’ from backlit screen
  • I do grill at night, but there’s already a light there
  • I don’t walk our dogs at night. Heck, we don’t have any dogs, so I can’t even promise that I will now…
  • I don’t ride a bicycle at night (or day), although I should
  • I don’t do attic|basement|closet repairs often enough to justify it
  • I’m out of ideas

Would someone suggest me a reliable way to justify this one to a wife who thinks I’ve already got too many toys for big boys (don’t mind the way it sounds)?

I actually used one this past weekend on
a camping trip.

The brightest headlamp I’ve used, by far.
If you need A LOT of light, this is great.

The little lens diffuser gives you softer, wider
light for tasks like cooking. It’s so bright that
even diffused, my dog can use the wide beam
to the side of me, on moonless night walks.

Red and green modes are built in…don’t
need to mess with any little loose filters.

On the down side: All that light comes at a weight
price: This is MUCH heavier than my other camping
headlamps. Fine for 20-30 minutes, but if I’m
going to be doing something like reading for awhile,
I’ll use a lighter lamp. Also, it turns on too easily:
I’ve already lost one set of batteries when it got
inadvertently turned on in the back of the truck…
For setting up a tent, etc., I’ve found myself reaching
for this, instead of my ~$45 Petzl Tikka XP 2
(which is now used inside the tent)
So, at this price, I’m in for another 3!

Woot price isn’t that good this time - Woot price is $20 with shipping, lowest price on Amazon is $18.68 plus $5 shipping - only about $3.00 more than Woot’s price. Not impressed. Woot needs to get this down to about 5 to 8 bucks, plus the $5 shipping, then they’d have a deal.

I bought two of these in the February Wooting mentioned above.

I think i paid about 25 bucks a pop for these at the local hardware store and I felt good at that price. This is a Good woot!

Oh wow! I’m wearing one of these RIGHT NOW! I think I got it off a woot-off a while back. These are great headlights! The diffuser is nice for close work, and the more focused beam works decently at medium distance. I don’t have much use for the red and green, but it’s fun knowing they’re there if I want them. The top band is one of the great features of this headlight! I’ve had many others that would end up sliding down around my neck when I was wedged underneath some multi-ton object desperately trying to wrench something into position. NOT good. THIS one doesn’t have that problem! Not only does the top band hold it right in place, but it has a rubberized texture all along the bands that really holds it exactly where you put it. This is perhaps the best headlight I’ve ever owned, and that’s saying something, if you could only see my collection of scores of flashlights! :wink:

If that’s the case, then Amazon is also offering a better deal than you got at your hardware store. The point is that if Woot’s price is nearly the same as what Amazon’s is, I can’t get excited about it.

LOL! You beat me to it, only because I was deep into replacing a light fixture in the kitchen with THIS exact device as my only light source! I’m happy to say, the light fixture is now installed, no one was electrocuted, and the house hasn’t, as far as I know, caught fire! :slight_smile:

Thanks Energizer Hard Case Professional LED Headlight!!

Looks good, but nothing beats my Petzl Myo 5 headlight. That takes 4 AA Batteries, but I’ve only needed to change them about twice a year with heavy usage. The weight is hardly noticible on the Petzl. The 15 Hours on this light is very short in comparison…
P.S.- Love the last picture in the description!

Can someone please explain to me exactly what 100 lumens means? I’m going camping soon and at the camping store in my town the best the clerk could tell me is “the higher the lumens the brighter the light” because I of course couldn’t have figured that out on my own, right? Seriously, I would like a flashlight and headlamp for my trip but don’t really know what’s overkill with the lumens and what’s sufficient. I’ll be in total isolation, no electricity, so these will be getting lots of use from me when the sun goes down. Any info will help :slight_smile:

Do you use a flashlight for anything? If so, this is generally more useful.
-automotive repair?
-camping?
-electrical outages?
-intricate tinkering (watchmaking, maybe)?

Sounds cheesy but you really don’t know until you get one. My wife makes fun of me (not like that’s unusual) I wear mine around so much. I can’t remember the last time I used a flashlight.

-PC/printer repair
-Car repair
-any kind of cleaning
-power outage
-putting furniture (or anything) together
-basically anything you do that’s easier with two hands rather than one.

All sorts of stuff like that.
Don’t think of it as a toy so much as it’s simply a better flashlight that what’s currently in your junk drawer.

True that! With Prime on Amazon, and NO TAX, Amazon is a better deal. They were $17.99 when I bought my last 3 from woot in February.

Unless you have a pencil neck with no muscle tone, and really, even if you are, THIS is a screaming great deal. If you want a headlight for ANY task this is the one to get. They say Amazon has a slightly better price, but probably not if you aren’t in a woot-Tax state. Get THREE! Your camping buddies will all want yours. :wink:

I am STILL wearing mine, despite having been sitting here catching up on woot. I do have a slightly annoying pressure point on my forehead, but that’s probably because I have the straps too tight. :stuck_out_tongue:

At $15 I’m very tempted to get more of these. If I hadn’t just bought a 200lumen ludicrous light at the hardware store tonight I’d be in for sure. Don’t y’all buy up all of these and I’ll decide later. :wink:

Ok, who was the moron who said Amazon had a better price that woot?!?

That is NOT a better price than woot by 100% failure margin. Go look at the barking dog and stop posting lies.

I guess I’m in for three more! woot! :smiley:

/edit/
Oh, I see what she was on about. Some third-party via Amazon marketplace has a lower price, but still higher than woot’s, and God only knows what kind of shipping/handling charges and if you’ll even get the item or just a bunch of credit card fraud as the marketplacer goes on his European Vacation on your card…
/edit/

Woot’s deal kicks even her ass (and no, that is a horse! <<<), especially if you buy THREE, which you should be doing right now!

Thanks for a great deal Woot! :smiley:

a 60watt bulb is around 800 lumens depending on brand,wear etc. Of course 1/8 of a 60watt bulb might not sound like alot but you have to remember it is all being focused in one direction. 100 lumens should be more than enough for most needs and I know of very few headlamps with more than that.