Energizer Light on Demand Desk Lamp

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us of the world, unite!

Energizer Light on Demand Desk Lamp [New] - $9.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Energizer LODDL Light on Demand Desk Lamp

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

I’m more of a duracell guy.

here’s the product website

and the user manual

What is this made of? Metal, or plastic?

I like the concept of light when there is no electricity. Anyone have one? I would like to know how much the replacement bulbs are and if they are easy to find.

Ah, I too miss the Infocom days!!!

Well, I don’t want to be eaten by a grue.

You won’t need a replacement bulb, it’s an LED which has something like a 50,000 hour lifespan. You’re much more likely to break the lamp before the lifespan of the bulb is up. :slight_smile:

Seems like this would help me avoid being eaten by a grue.

Poorly reviewed at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Light-On-Demand-Desk-Lamp/dp/B001AGWORK

it mentions AC adapter…I would assume it could be used to power the lamp in lieu of batteries. can someone confirm it powers lamp and doesn’t just charge the battery (or whatever else it could do).

$42 at amazon.com

amazon.com

Would this make a good desktop lamp? Is the arm very adjustable and does it stay in place like any other desktop lamp that looks like this? I could use an extra lamp.

Unless they’re broken or I haven’t paid my bills, all of my lamps are “on demand” by my decree. Any who defy me are exiled to the streetside curb of no return.

Plastic, see Rakuten: Shop. Get Cash Back. Repeat. for complete specs

One review, two stars. Granted, not a whole lot of datapoints there.

However, from the picture Woot has of the “area light stick” it looks like it only has ONE LED in the whole thing. After seeing that, it seems more like a night light than an actual desk lamp to me. I doubt they used a high-quality 3-4W LED in something like this.

I guess it’s time to get out the old soldering iron and make a DIY version!

I believe the design failure. You put all the weight at the top with that traditional friction screw to hold it in position? Not likely to last. Make it non-removable and store the batteries at the base. Then, I will bite.

Probably the most important point here I can see.

True, but that’s only with one review.

Though from the picture on the box, it looks pretty tiny. At this price, though, you could have a row of them across your desk.