Energizer MAX Alkaline Batteries - 100

Energizer MAX Alkaline Batteries - 100

Received a bulk box of batteries that were poorly packaged, randomly thrown into a box. Some of the batteries were actually dented. Not what I expected.

I’m sorry about that. Make sure you reach out to Woot Customer Service. From a browser, use the Woot Customer Service form. In the Woot App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

The batteries were not in Energizer packaging and this suggests that they might be counterfeit or rejects that were never intended to be sold. I’ve been burnt before by counterfeit batteries that leaked and destroyed several electronic items, so I don’t buy batteries that are not in the manufacturer’s packaging. From now on I won’t buy batteries from Woot unless the deal specifically says that the batteries come in the manufacturer’s original packaging.

These have “leak protection guarantee” and in bold when you go to purchase these batteries it clearly state:

Please note: These items will ship in bulk packaging

Woot’s warranty link is clearly broken on this item, but I was able to find this relatively easy:

https://www.energizer.com/about-batteries/battery-leakage

Energizer® No Leaks. Guaranteed.

Energizer will repair or replace, at our option, any device damaged by leakage from Energizer MAX ® Alkaline batteries either during the life of the battery or within two years following the full use of the battery. If exact replacement is not available, devices may be replaced with a product of comparable market value at the time of claim. Leaking battery and damaged device must be provided to Energizer as proof of claim. Energizer reserves the right to deny claims of damage caused by misuse or modification of the batteries or device. If you have a leaking battery, contact 1-800-383-7323 for return instructions.

Same here and all of mine are expired 12-2018. Sending these back!

Oof, that on the other hand is extremely unacceptable. That will be a year expired very soon…

I’m well aware of Energizer’s warranty. The hassle and expense of submitting a claim and the possibility of something being damaged that may not be replaceable is not worth the risk to me.

Also, I’ve purchased batteries in bulk before that came in the manufacturer’s bulk packaging. “Purchasing in bulk” is not the same thing “does not come in manufacturer’s packaging.”

On a positive note, Woot Customer Service has contacted me about returning the batteries at no cost.

Make sure you’re looking at the expiration date. That sounds like the date of manufacture. Both dates are on the battery.

And these are authentic Energizer batteries. We’ve been selling bulk batteries for years.

Expired. Dented. And the ones that looked like they MIGHT work didn’t Have emailed twice about returning now. What a bummer.

Hi there. Make sure you’re not looking at the manufacture date. There’s two dates on the battery.

As to dented, yeah… that’s bad. I’m only seeing today’s contact in the CS system. They’ll get back to you pretty quick.